Chapter 2

Ring! Ring! I jumped out if bed to quickly turn my alarm off. I change into a short mini skirt and a tank with a hot shawl. Then, I eat my cornflakes in a rush with a smile on my face all the while. For once I was the first one in the bathroom (my sister usually gets up way before me) take a shower and do my hair and make-up. Soon after I rushed down to the bus stop in a daze. I couldn't wait to get on that bus! After a few minutes of waiting, Tevin came out to join me. Tevin looked at me and frowned. I shifted around uneasily until I couldn't stand it anymore.

      "What!" I said in a Snappy tone.

      Tevin flinched at my sudden outburst, but then he said, "it's just that I've never seen you this happy on a school day ever since I met you!"

     In reply I just shrugged and said, "Maybe it's my hormones acting up again."

     Tevin shook his head in agreement, but I could tell he didn't believe a word I said.  When the bus finally arrived Tevin and I walked on. While Tevin went to sit in our seat, I stayed behind for seats ahead of him.

       Tevin frowned again then said, "what are you doing? We've always sat in this seat together! I don't think there ever was a day we didn't! What is your problem!!!"

      Now Tevin looked kinda angry.

      "It's that new kid, Troy, isn't it?"

       I just sat there silent.

      Before he put his music on, I heard him mumble, "I knew that kid was bad news..."

       I was a little pissed off at Tevin for yelling at me, but I decided to let it go. After all, he was just trying to watch out for me like a true friend would, and how could I be mad at that?

       After a few more stops, Troy walked on the bus. He was wearing a skin-tight hollister shirt with a pair of worn blue jeans. Wow! He is so darn sexy! I watched as he headed in my direction. Once he saw me, he smiled and waved. I waved back then he plopped into my seat.

     "hey," he said, "how are you?"

      I smiled and said, "fine."

      Then he said, "hey I know I barely know you, but I was wondering if you could meet after school to help me with homework-"

      Somehow Angie had suddenly jumped in the seat ahead of us.

      "hitroyhowareyou?whatyouupto?needhelparoundschool?canihaveyourphonenumber?wannasitwithme?"

     Her words all spilled out in a slur, and I'm pretty sure she said all that in about 3.4 seconds.

     All Troy managed to say was, "ummm....." before Angie started up with another load of questions.

This went on the whole bus ride, and in-between all classes at school. During third hour all she was doing was whispering to her friends, and passing notes to Troy. At lunch, I tried to ask troy to sit by me but I was to late. Angie quickly took him by the arm and practically shoved him in a seat. When I was heading through the line to the trash can, Angie quickly shoved a piece of paper into my hand. It read:

      Stupid Allie, 

Back off! TROY IS SO MINE AND YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!! So you better keep your little a** away from him you b****!!!!!  

<3 YOUR LOCAL ENEMY, an$i 

      By the time eighth hour arrived, my smile from the morning was gone. I actually felt WORSE than normal! For two reasons: 1. Angie will NEVER let me even look at Troy again without trying to beat with a pencil or something 2. Troy doesn't seem interested in me anymore. Anyway, I walked across the room and plopped my stuff on the desk. Just then Troy walked in. I was expecting him to sit somewhere else, but instead he sat in the same spot he had the day before.

     After a few seconds of silence, Troy said, "hey. I just wanted to talk to you about Angie." Great. Here it comes. "I just wanted to say that she is a total stalker! She hasn't left me alone one moment today! I really tried to stay away from her but she always found me somehow! It seemed like every time I tried to see you, she would find some way yo make me follow her and her stupid friends. Gosh they are so annoying!!!"

       I stared at him in shock. I thought surly he would have wanted to join the popular cliche right away.

     A few moments later I nodded and said, " so you don't like her?"

    Troy nodded back and said, "Well there's one thing we have in common!"

     Troy laughed. Just then, I heard a small whimper by the door. I looked jus in time to see Angie running off to the girls bathroom.