Chapter 9

CHAPTER EDITED

Nick:

Its been two weeks since Sapphire became our official Luna. Everyone in the pack adores her, especially the children. I still can't believe how she got Blake involved in the great game of tig.

As they were all playing I could hear people saying that she was a great Luna as she plays with her pack. Blake couldn't get over the fact that she played with the children, even when she didn't know them. After the party, T and I talked about how the party went. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted as the phone rang. "Hello"

"Hi is this Alpha Blake?"

"No I'm his beta, Alpha Blake doesn't answer the phone. Can I help you?"

"Yes, this is Alpha Mike from Red Bush pack. I'm calling to ask if we could have permission to come onto your territory, as I have a deal with another alpha for him to marry his mate but she ran away" he explained.

"I will have to ask my alpha. I will call you back with the answer in a few days. Goodbye" I hung up and turned to Blake. He raised his eyebrow at me.

I explained what Alpha Mike had said.

"Grant it" I nodded and picked up the phone again. Sapphire and Tia came into the room. I bowed my head in respect to Saph.

"Alpha Mike. Yes, the alpha said you could" I put down the phone and looked at the girls. Sapphire was frozen in her spot. I looked at T. She looked at Saph.

"Saph, are you ok?" She blinked and tears started to fall. Blake got up and pulled her into a hug. I'm confused. Tia gasped. "He's the alpha isn't he" she nodded against Blake's chest. "Where is he? I owe that man a knuckle sandwich and a kick in the balls" I blinked and looked at Blake. He just looked at me.

"What's going on? Why is Saph crying?" I asked. I heard Saph mumble tell then to T. So she explained about the arranged marriage between two packs and who Saph as a beta's daughter and niece had to marry the alpha of Lake Dazzled pack. She explained, why Sapphire became a rouge and how she had tricked them by throwing all of her closest away. Then she explained about her seeing some of her old pack members in the mall the other day. By the end of the story, Blake was growling and pressing Sapphire against his chest. I growled. No one is taking our Luna.

"Please don't let them take me. I like it here" she mumbled against Blake's chest. I was about to answer but got cut off.

"I won't" Blake whispered. T and I gasped. Saph just looked up. Her eyes all red and her face all wet from tears. Blake's top was damp but you could tell he didn't care. Wait, did he just speak?

"Thank you" she whispered. I was in shock. He hasn't spoken in years.

"Nick make sure the whole pack is there except elderly and children. No one is taking her" he said through the mind-link.

I nodded and told everyone to be present in twenty minutes outside the pack house. I told everyone about the Luna's problem and how Blake needs her to be protected. Alpha Mike, you ain't getting our Luna that easily....