Chapter 6

Third Person POV

An hour later, after Perrie had gone home and changed, the three met up with some four more girls, two of which had boyfriends and headed into Chasers.

Jesy automatically pulled the girls onto the dance floor and left Perrie with the remaining two boyfriends to fend for themselves. Perrie pointed to the stools at the bar with a brow raised.

"Wanna get some drinks?" she asked them.

"Yeah" they nodded their agreement and proceeded to sit by the bar.

"I'm Jordan" one introduced himself with a polite smile.

The blonde beside him offered a hand,

"Name's Chris,"

And you're Perrie Edwards." They both stated.

Perrie nodded, expecting the reaction.

"Yeah. I'm Perrie Edwards" she confirmed.

Halfway through their random conversation, Perrie's blue eyes zeroed in on Jade and the guy who was grinding against her backside, looking like he was on cloud nine. The brunette, on the other hand, was uncomfortable with the sudden feverishness. Her protectiveness kicked in and she lowered the bottle, almost slamming it down on the counter.

"I'll be back in a minute" she muttered, straightening out her dress shirt and fluffing her hair.

Chris exhaled, watching the third member of their small party merge into the dancing crowd.

"Ooh, she ain't happy"

"I'm sure she's smart enough to fix it" Jordan sipped at his own beer.

**

Jade Thirlwall suddenly thought maybe going clubbing wasn't such a great idea. She had lost sight of her friends almost 10 minutes ago and had some freak grinding against her like no tomorrow. Yet she closed her eyes and danced, willing everything to go away when she was pulled back into a familiar body with that familiar scent.

So godamn familiar that she almost immediately knew it was Perrie Edwards.

"Knight in shining armor to the rescue" she murmured down at the brunette, glaring the man down.

Jade giggled, and covered the older girl's hand that was at her waist and swayed with her best friend, finally feeling at ease. They moved to the music, hands at waists and necks that showed others their possessiveness. The stranger backed off and Perrie found herself being dragged back to the bar by the pretty brunette.

"God, I'm so tired" she said, automatically leaning against the lean figure that was Perrie.

"I'll get you a drink. Corona?" she asked, hand at the girl's back to support her.

"Mhmm, thanks baba"

The photographer called for another beer and pulled the stool out for Jade which was beside Chris who was, by now, on his second beer.

"Hey Chris, hey Jordan" she greeted them with a sweet smile.

They dipped their head in acknowledgment and the girl began sipping at the beer held in her small, lightly tanned hand. Perrie noticed men staring at her best friend, clearly unashamed as they undressed her in their dirty minds. And seeing this, the 24 year old stepped forward and wrapped an arm around the brunette's waist, resting her chin on the shoulder.

"Just want those guys off your back" she murmured in her ear.

The brunette replied with a smile and offered Perrie the beer who happily downed majority of the liquid.

"Now, dance with me" the attractive woman grinned.

***

Jade POV

I pressed my back closer against Perrie, hooking my arms around her neck as I felt her breath just above my ear.

"I'm going to poke your eyes out if they keep wandering" I warned as I tilted my head back to look at my best friend.

"Right, right" she muttered, cloudy blue eyes lowering to peer into my own.

There was no doubt from any outsiders' views that we looked like the perfect couple dancing the night away and whispering honeyed words to each other when only me and Perrie knew that we were almost at each other's throats.

"Control" I said through gritted teeth as I squeezed Perrie's hand that was resting on my stomach. I too, tried to ignore the bodies pushing touching from all different directions and focused on the music and the beats of the bass.

"...I'm trying, I have 2 girls grinding against my side and my ass" the photographer told me, voice wavering slightly.

And something stirred inside of me at the thought of Perrie's attention not being on me when I was right there in front of her, but on someone else. It made me a little unsettled, a little jealous even because me and Perrie had promised that we would always be each other's top priority.

But I pushed those thoughts into the back of my mind and managed to dance the night away with Perrie by my side. It was 3 in the morning by the time we left the club and almost 4 by the time I crashed at her apartment. I stumbled into my best friend's room and collapsed onto her bed, pulling the covers up to my chin.

I heard Perrie sigh as she entered a minute later and kneeled down by the end of the bed, taking off my heels that had been killing my feet all night long. I mumbled an incoherent 'thanks' and felt the bed sink slightly as Perrie slid under the sheets too. Automatically, I snuggled into her side and kissed her cheek,

"Night Pez" I murmured tiredly.

She let me settle against her comfortably and I could almost hear the smile in her voice,

"Night Jadey"