Our Last Wish ( A Zayn Malik Fan Fiction) Chapter Twenty

2 Days Later

Zayn POV

“You ready?”

“Yes, just give me a moment.”

Those were some of the few words we’ve exchange over this two days. I mean we haven’t really been in the talking mood. She took another test and it came out negative.  It put us in a downer mood for these past two days.

“You know we still might have a baby.”

“Can we just go to this appointment and get this over with. I need to clean the house for Jasmine’s return next week. She can’t get an infection right now. You know that.”                 

“Why aren’t you talking to me?”

“There’s nothing to talk about Zayn.” She grabbed her stomach and sat on the floor. I ran over to her, helping her up. She been having these horrible cramps, and it’s a side effect of the treatment.

“I’m fine. Just a cramp.”

“What cramps make you fall to the floor.”

“These ones. It’s probably my period.”

I got silent after that, and we walked into the garage. She chose the Range Rover, and I helped her into the front seat. The drive to Mayberry was silent. This was our last appointment.

Paparazzi were tailing us and I was still kind of freaked out after the whole Liam melt down thing. Yesterday, he just went off. Liam’s probably the strongest in the group and to see him break like that is surprising. Now, I had cheating scandals before, but I didn’t really talk about it.

I tried to cut the paparazzi off, so it took us a extra 30 minutes to Mayberry. Isabella called and told them we weren’t going to be there on time. I knew she was annoyed with me and the paparazzi.

Once we finally got there the paparazzi were gone. We walk inside quickly not wanting anybody to recognize us. As soon as they saw us, we were taken to the back room. We wait for a couple of minutes until the doctor actually showed up.

“All-right! Let’s find us a baby!”

Isabella didn’t say anything about the home pregnancy test. I could see the glimmer of hope in her eyes, when she turned towards me. She reached her hands out towards me and I held on to hers tightly. There might be a baby in there. Maybe she took the tests wrong.

“Don’t worry, just yet. Maybe I’m just not seeing this clearly. Let’s me get our supervisor.” She said nervously. I could hear Isabella suck in her breath. She was probably thinking what I was. The test was right.

Another person entered the room, and checks the screen. He moved the stick around and soon turned off the screen.

“There’s no baby isn’t there?” Isabella said.

“I’m sorry. But IVF always doesn’t work the first time. I would recommend a second time.”

“Yeah, so you can get more money from us. I don’t think so. Zayn’s lets just go.”

“Babe, maybe he has a point.”

“No, we said after this no more.”

“We’ll talk at home.”

“Why can’t we talk here?”

“Isabella, please stop.”

She left the room, and I sighed.

“Thank you guys for everything you’ve done. I appreciate it.”

“Thank you for staying with us after the whole scandal thing. Call us if you have any questions or if you decide to give it another try.”