Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Sunday May 12, 2012,  3 weeks before closure. 

I looked into the mirror and did up the rest of my shirt buttons. I ran my fingers through my hair, fixing my quiff. My Blackberry buzzed, and I gazed my eyes on my side table. I walked up to it and read the text. 

It was from Maya.

"Where are you? x"

"I'm on my way, there's a lot of traffic. Just wait there babe,, get us a good table.x"  I texted back, knowing that I was lying. 

"Are you ready? I need to come back quickly and pack for tomorrow, so let's go already!" Harry called behind me from the living room. Harry was driving me for my date. I couldn't drive, nor could I take the bus, he was the only option.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back from my room. 

In the car ride, Harry was unusually silent. The silence filling the car was killing me so I broke it.

"Something on your mind?" I asked.

"You know I'm not okay with this Zayn." He answered. 

"Okay with what?" I asked, even though I knew what he was talking about.

"It's just that, you and Maya have been going out for so many months now, and the fact that you haven't told anyone else but me, it just doesn't feel right. I mean I get that if you tell the fans, there's going to be drama, but the fact that you haven't told any of the other guys yet either," 

"I know alright, but I can't tell the other guys because what if Louis tells Eleanor or Liam tells Danielle? And then they accidentally pass it on? Maya wants to tell the fans but we've been travelling so much lately I just wanted to wait until we were settled here for a while so that when we do tell and there is drama, I can be here for her."

"Your choice." Harry said. I did feel bad about not tellling the other guys, but I wanted to keep this relationship as private as I could. I didn't want anymore drama. 

My phone buzzed again. I pulled it out with an annoying look thinking it was Maya again. But to my surprise it wasn't.

"We know about Maya. She won't be with you much longer. Your past always comes back to haunt you." 

"The fuck?" I said out loud staring at my screen. 

"What happened?" Harry asked. 

I read the text out loud to him.

"Another fan found your number, I guess." Was his response. 

"Well whoever this fan is, knows about Maya. And they don't seem too happy about it. Great, this was just what I needed. Another thing to worry about right before we leave for Germany tomorrow." 

"Don't worry about it man, it's probably just another jealous fan, plus maybe this is a sign that you need to tell people about your relationship before this person starts saying things you don't want people to believe." 

Harry's words were roaming in my mind. 

"What if this is a tabloid? What if they publish something while we're away? Maya can't handle this on her own, I have to be here when we tell everyone." I said to Harry, clenching my phone in my hand. 

"Does the text show the number who it's from?" Harry asked. 

I looked back at the text on my phone screen. "The number's blocked." 

We were now in front of the restaurant where I was supposed to meet her.

"Look don't worry about it. Just have a good time with Maya tonight, I mean you won't get to see her for a week. If this is a tabloid, they can say whatever they want, people know not to believe everything they read."

I got out of the car and said goodbye to Harry. As I reached the entrance to the restaurant my phone buzzed again. I was almost afraid to look at my screen. There was a new text, that wasn't from Maya.

"Taken is great song. What would you do if your precious Maya was taken from you?"

I froze for a second trying to decipher what the message meant. But instinct kicked in and I quickly ran inside the restaurant looking for Maya.