| chapter -15 |

"You look happy, Your Highness." I said now back as Arthur a few minutes later after the 'princess' me bid Elias farewell.

After the kiss, Elias showed me around but his hands rested on the curve of my waist holding me with certain possessiveness. He told me about the time when his mother used magic for fun. She never harmed anyone. Instead, she countered all the bad energy in the kingdom.

She even helped healed some soldiers who returned with fatal injuries. But the present King came to knew about this and threw her in the dungeon declaring it to the young Elias that his mother was dead. He was naturally scared that Elias will have the benefit of magic somehow.

But he still didn't know that Elias can do some magic himself.

"I kissed her." He told me with a smug smile.

I had to bite back a smile myself. Even though it was the first and best kiss of my life, I was more cool about the thing. Or maybe my mind was ready for the situation if the Prince suddenly got bored of me.

"Where were you the whole time? How can I never even get a glimpse of you?" 

I was right next to you.

"I am good at hiding, the advantage of being a skilled bodyguard," I answered with absolute seriousness.

"Anyway, did you see her? She looked beautiful even in maid's outfit." He bragged about me.

"I doubt that," I mumbled more to myself but he heard it.

"I want to see what kind of girl you will choose." He scolded me and I found it really funny.

"If I get a chance with all the bodyguard duties," I answered back.

At this Elias was left silent probably feeling guilty at my non-existence love life because of him.

"Don't worry too much you still have the final round of the tournament." I tried to divert his mind.

"And one of my competitors will be from Norgivia." He contemplated the thought.

"So you could beat him easily." I had made up my mind to loose since Elias was doing this to make a mark on his people and Kingdom.

And the kiss just solidified the fact I liked him too much. 

"Have you see him fighting?" He asked, curious at my sudden predicament.

"I just trust that you will win," I said in an encouraging tone.

"What should I use as my defending weapon? I don't even know what my strength is?" He asked sounding worried.

I wanted to say magic but I can't since this will be a drastic step and instead of making a good impression on the people present, he might be branded as an outcast or worst King will get a chance to throw him in the dungeon.

"Let your mind work then and see what happens," I said at ease because there will be only three people in the fire ring and only one of them wanted to beat Elias.

"Can we practice a little?" He asked and I obviously agreed to this.

But as soon as I stepped out of the room, Agnes was waiting for me. She even asked Elias' permission to take me away.

"What is it?" I asked rather harshly after what his husband said I was angry at them.

"Even though Queen and I do not want you gone but I will give a choice like my husband wants so I am giving you this." She handed me a scroll.

But when I was about to open it, she stopped me," Not now, only when you need it."

She said in an ominous tone like she knew well enough when I will need it.