Chapter 18

Chapter 18
• • •

        When Scarlett dragged me into the kitchen, I immediately laid my eyes on the giant stash of alcohol on the island. I laughed and ran over to it. Scarlett and I each took a shot and then poured some punch into a solo cup, then added a little bit more alcohol than necessary.

We started to walk around the house to look for Savanah, when Scarlett squealed. I turned to look at her.

"Oh my god! Mason just called me to go over to him!" She squealed again and I chuckled.

"Yasss get that," I said, and with that, she was gone.

As I became more and more tipsy, I started to loose control over how much alcohol I was consuming.

After a while of just drinking in the kitchen by myself, I was finally feeling wild enough to go out to the dance floor. I didn't feel drunk, I just felt super happy and wild. But I guess drunk people never really feel drunk, do they?

When I went out to the dance floor, I caught a glimpse of Scarlett and Mason making out in the corner of the room. I started to dance by myself when I felt an arm enclose around my bare waist.

I turned around to see some random guy smiling and dancing to the music. It wasn't Eli, Kevin, or Ashton. I was sober enough to know that I didn't know him.

He was extremely attractive, and I could feel his muscles through his shirt. I smiled and continued to dance with the boy, who looked my age.

At one point, I had gotten so drunk that sober me fully lost control of my body. During one of the songs I leaned up and placed my lips on his. The kiss quickly became heated, and he started to kiss my neck. I opened my eyes while he was kissing my neck and I saw a boy staring at the two of us from across the room. At this point I was incredibly drunk.

I realized it was Ashton, but my intoxicated mind quickly looked away, not registering that he was actually looking at me.

I returned to kissing the hot boy when suddenly the urge to go swimming surged over me. I finished kissing him and started to walk outside. I must have lost him on the way out, because I was the only one outside when I got to the pool.

When I was about to jump in, I slipped on the edge that I didn't see, and hit my head extremely hard on the side of the pool as I fell into the deep end.

Everything went black, but I could still feel the water. It was like I was still conscious, just blind and immobile.

After about 20 seconds of absolutely nothing, I began to realize that I was going to die.

I was dying and no one even knew where I was.

All of a sudden I felt strong arms wrap around me and I was firmly brought to someone's chest. I felt air once again as I was dragged out of the water. I was placed on what I assumed was the pool deck, and I felt the presence of someone still hanging over me.

I tried to move, but I couldn't. I could only listen to what was happening around me and feel a throbbing pain coming from my right temple. I felt my face get turned on it's side so that my right temple was facing up.

"Shit," I heard a familiar voice mumble as I felt myself getting picked up bridal style. I felt whoever was holding me walk up stairs. Usually I would be scared, but I felt strangely comfortable in the arms of whoever was holding me.

"You get so shit-faced when you're drunk," I heard the deep voice say before I blacked out completely, loosing all senses.

• • •