Chapter 28: You Are Off The Player Charts*

Start from the beginning

"Congratulations!" she said and hugged me, "-On getting second. That's still good Ace. You were just a second behind Stone Fox and the rest were like 5 seconds away."

"Thanks Max, I am glad that you were able to come," I said.

"I wouldn't miss it," she said and pulled out her phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Alex needs me," she said then shoved her phone into her back pocket, "I have to go."

"I can go with you," I said.

"No, no need, you just go alright? Go celebrate with Martin because I just saw him," she said, "There he is!"

"Hey guys," Martin said patting my back and hugging Max.

"It's okay, we can celebrate another day alright? Don't worry too much about me," she said and I nodded.

"Bye Max," I said. She walked and turned around to wave at me with her signature smile.

"Man, you are off the player charts," Martin said, "I saw the way that you were looking at her."

"Seriously, I thought you already knew dude. You are just trying to rub it in my face," I said, "Why do you like her?"

"No way man, she is more like a friend to me," Martin said.

"Alright, alright," I said walking away.

"Dude you can't do that to me!" Martin shouted.

"I just did," I yelled back and continued to walk. I knew in my heart that Martin only saw Max as a friend, but it was fun to tease it a little bit.

Max's POV:

Let me tell you that I was out of breath after that stunt I pulled with Ace. It wasn't because I was tired, it was because all of the adrenaline that was coursing through me. I had to run back to where Alex was and jump on my bike to get to the starting line before I was considered late. Then I had to jump off the track and run back to where I am supposed to stand. Although it was crazy, the look on Ace's face was worth it.

"Ready for your fight tonight?" Alex asked and I scoffed.

"When am I not ready?" I asked and Alex rolled her eyes.

"I swear you earn like at least five hundred dollars every night which is like three thousand a week?" Alex exclaimed, "You are loaded."

"Not exactly. My motorcycle and Lamborghini eat up most of it," I said.

"True that, you are literally fixing up them," Alex asked, "Why don't you race with cars instead of motorcycles? You used to back in high school."

"Well, I like have the wind against me and I don't want to scratch my baby," I said with a pout.

"Alright, go in, you are going to be late," Alex said.

"Since when am I scared to be late?" I asked and Alex pushed me into the door.

"Hey Ron," I said to him.

"Ms. Fox. You are up," Ron said and I laughed.

"Hey, stop with the Ms. Fox thing," I said.

"Well it sounds classy," Ron said and I rolled my eyes, but I knew that he couldn't see me since I had my hood and mask on.

"Over in this corner we have the one and only Stone Fox!" the announcer said and I pumped my fist.

"Over here in this corner we have a newbie," the announcer said and everyone booed. I saw the meter go up on my side. If I won, I would get all that money.