Chapter 18: Turning The Tables

The glass had shattered, but Katsutoshi still stood unharmed. Katsutoshi had his eyes crunched shut, and his teeth gritted in fear. He calmed down, and opened his eyes. A draft was now entering the room.

The bullet hadn't killed Katsutoshi. It hadn't even hit him. It had soared right past him and broke the window.

"You're weak." Katsutoshi said. "You're too soft. You know you can't kill me Hachiuma. I am the eternal fire! I will change this wo--"

Two more gun shots, and Katsutoshi fell to his knees. Blood was oozing out from both of his upper legs. Katsutoshi then fell to his side as he bled out. He then yelled out in agony.

"You're right." Hachiuma said. "I don't know why. I do want to kill you, but for some reason I can't place, I won't allow myself to do it." Hachiuma went over and picked up his helmet. He then put it on, and walked to the doorway. He now looked back at Katsutoshi.

"But I promise you," Hachiuma said. "Next time...I WILL kill you..." Hachiuma now pointed his pistol out, and ran off.

Hachiuma was going down through the next few floors. He checked several rooms and hallways. All he found were dead Golden Venom soldiers. As he ran down a hallway, three soldiers turned the corner, and aimed at him.

"Hold fire!" one of them said. It was an American, and two other soldiers Hachiuma didn't know well. Hachiuma recognized the man as the soldier from Shadow Force registration. The one who's breath smelled like alcohol.

Everyone now put their guns down. They all walked up to one another. The man held out his hand. Hachiuma looked at his shoulder-pad, and noticed he was a Sergeant Rank 1. Two ranks below Yuu. Hachiuma took his hand, and they shook.

"No one really took the time to introduce themselves earlier." the man said. "I'm Sergeant Vincent O'Bryan. I'm a United States Shadow Force transfer. This is Corporal Isaac Madison. Also a US transfer." O'Bryan gestured to an African-American man, whom Hachiuma slightly recognized. "And this is Private Haichi Ryu of Masako High in Tokyo."

"I go to Masako." Hachiuma said. "I'm just not in his class. Nice to meet you all. I'm Hachiuma Genkicki."

"Sir is this all necessary right now?" Madison asked. O'Bryan turned to Madison and face-palmed.

"I'm just trying to be a bit friendly, okay?" O'Bryan replied.

"Yes sir." Madison replied. He now cracked his neck and fingers. There was now a faint sound. This caught Hachiuma's attention, who was still a little weird from the situation.

"So what happened to your eye?" Ryu asked Hachiuma. Hachiuma's attention was turned from the sound to Ryu.

"Had a close encounter." Hachiuma quickly replied. "Do you guys hear that?" Madison and O'Bryan now moved slightly. Ryu looked confused.

"That's a helicopter..." Madison said. "And not one of ours..."

"Oh shit!!!" O'Bryan exclaimed. "Get the fuck down!" Everyone was now forced down as the ground heavily shook. There was a small explosion. Heavy gunfire could now be heard shortly afterward.

"Genkichi!" O'Bryan shouted. "You and Madison go down three floors and check the situation!"

"SIR!" Hachiuma and Madison shouted. Madison got up, and tugged Hachiuma to his feet. Hachiuma began to sprint down the hallway with him. They reached the stairwell, and Madison stopped him.

"What're you doing Madison?!" Hachiuma asked. Madison turned to him.

"I prefer Isaac." Isaac said. "My last name's a little...girly..."