Prologue

Shadow Force

Rated R For...

Extreme Violence

Explicit Language

Sexual Content

Prologue...December 21st, 2012 3:03 A.M. Hospital in Okinawa, Japan

Doctors, nurses, and officials were panicking through the halls. They were pushing patients and other employees through the dim-light halls, and everyone was evacuating as quick as possible. Everyone's lives were at stake. The muffled sound of an alarm was coming from outside, and the people knew time was growing thin.

"Come on damn it! We've got less than thirty minutes!" a doctor shouted over the crowds. He was still in his scrubs, and he'd been working up a sweat shouting at everyone and helping move patients out.

An unusual-looking Japanese man with blue eyes now tried to walk past the supervising doctor. Despite the man's efforts to slip by the doctor, he was caught out of the corner of the doctor's eye. The doctor turned and stared the man down, and he looked like a deer in the headlights.

"Hey! Are you stupid?!" he snapped at the man. "All patients and pedestrians are supposed to leave through the southwest wing-"

The man swung his fist around and cracked the doctor in the nose, and he collapsed to the floor. The doctor yelled painfully as he placed his hands over his now-broken nose, and blood stained his palms. The man shook his hand, feeling his wrist become strained from the hit.

"Sorry if I punched you too hard." the man said. "But I'm late for a delivery."

He began to walk down the hallway, and slowly picked up his pace. First he started to run, and then he went into a full sprint. The man reached the end of the hallway, and stopped at a door. A box-shaped sign with the word "EXIT" glowing in red was placed over the door, and the man looked at briefly before pushing the door open.

It was cold and snowing outside, and the man immediately felt the cold air bristle his skin. He looked around and saw a sea of ambulances and medical helicopters preparing to leave with special patients. Visibility was terrible, but he had to find the ambulance his wife was in. There were at least twenty ambulances outside, all heading to a different destination than the others in the hospital.

Then he spotted it. Ambulance Unit 267. The lights were on, which meant it was about to depart. The man began rushing towards it, and he tried not to bump into anyone boarding ambulances or slip on the cold and icy ground. He almost lost his footing on some ice, but kept his balanced and moved on.

I'm coming Hachiuma! he thought to himself. The man soon reached Unit 267, and he almost slammed into the back doors from sprinting so fast. He pulled open the doors and hopped in, and he slammed the ambulance doors shut behind him. The man turned around and saw four faces looking at him.

"Hey! What the hell are doing in here?!" one said. Three doctors, and his wife were in the back. "We're about to deliver a baby!"

"I'm her husband!" the man said.

"We're running out of time, just go!" one of the doctors snapped at the driver.

There was a low rumble, and the ambulance jolted forward. The man was on board for good now, and he'd made it just in time. The ambulances were heading off to the nearest airport where military planes and commercial planes were trying to rush as many people as possible away from the city. The deadline was drawing near, and there was no way everyone was going to make it.

"Thank God you're here!" the woman said.

His wife lay on a stretcher surrounded by the three doctors and all their supplies. Everything seemed to have been thrown into the ambulance in an unorganized mess, but no one really had the time for neatness or security at the moment. Every second was more valuable than the previous one.