t h i r t y

|Thirty|

|Thirty|

Yes.

I never got the chance to voice my inner thoughts because sleep filtered through veins. 

Time passed in a short blur, like the flashing of a movie trailer one would see on a billboard banner. Late afternoon met me once I awoke from my deep slumber. Raphael was pressed up against my left side acting as my body-length pillow. Sometime during the night, Lucifer must have gotten up to leave. Tiel was tucked into my right side, her thigh covering my own.

Thankfully, someone had thrown a thick padded blanket, sable in colour (obviously) over our sleeping group at one point in the night. Despite the pale sunlight swimming around Lucifer's front room, it was still cold; I reluctantly let go of the cocoon of warmth. Sitting up, I carefully lifted Tiel's leg from my lap and hopscotched my way out of the Twister-esque sleeping arrangement.

Bal was the type of Demon who didn't know what a mindful-of-others-sleeping was. He entered the room, talking at full volume. "You're awake!" he said, his rich voice acting as the perfect jump scare. I gripped the edge of the sofa suddenly so I wouldn't fall. He was carrying a silver tray full of hot beverages.

"Jesus!" I breathed, "You scared the shit out of me."

Bal's cerulean eyes crinkled in amusement. "I'm not Jesus love - far from it."

This is Deja-vu.

"Mm," I said, my voice wavering as if dancing over a tambourine.

"Sleep well?"

"Yes," I whispered, sneaking a look at the others behind me to see if they had woken up from Bal's inconsiderate volume.

Bal's face frowned at my lack of volume- it was as if the concept of the others sleeping didn't affect him and he replied with almost double his previous volume.

He was a Demon after all. Manners aren't his thing.

 "Lucifer said you like caramel macchiatos - so I made you one."

"Shush!"

Bal paused, holding a mug out, "What?"

"Can't you see they are still sleeping?" I whispered back, taking the mug from his outstretched hand, mumbling a quiet 'thank you'.