s e v e n

|Seven|

|Seven|

I awoke the next morning feeling radiant. Jagged lines of light entered through the open glass window to the left of the room and as the sunlight brushed over my pillow, so did the sweet memories of last night. It was nice, bonding with Lucifer. I mean, we only played cards but it was relaxing, simple and something I could see myself doing again.

His company was already starting to affect me. It was like tasting warm, melted homemade chocolate. Once you had licked the spoon - you wanted more. And in those early moments, you don't care that it will make you feel sick later on.

Does that mean he was already winning?

The only thing bothering me was Lucifer's tendency to break previous Angels hearts. It was like an uncomfortable prodding, every time I thought about it. I didn't want to be another failed Angel who Lucifer could cross off and move onto the next. I wanted to be the one Angel who would complete her destiny, successfully.

"Are you going to see Lucifer later?" Raphael asked, coming out of his room just as I was coming out of mine.

"I don't know." I shrugged, pulling the loose hairband from my hair. "Should I? Is it healthy to go visit the Devil every day?"

"Probably not," Raphael chuckled, buttoning up his shirt sleeves.

"You look dressed up. Are you going anywhere fancy today?"

"Just a board meeting with the other archangels. We're going to have an audio call with the Fates. I'll let you know how it goes. Remember to have breakfast." Raphael explained, jogging down the steps ahead of me.  I barely had time to reply before the two double doors of the Dome had opened and shut with a soft thud.

Bye then.

The other Archangels had presumably left already. I didn't see any other Angel reside in the Dome anyway. I presumed they lived in the other buildings in the Light Paradox.

Entering the grey kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised to see a colour other than white on the walls. I had nothing against the colour white. But it was such a blank, empty colour that seeing the one shade everywhere made me feel a little insane - almost as if any moment someone was going to appear and strap me into a straitjacket.

The lower half of the walls were decorated with the use of smooth, grey tiles, intertwining with each other to create a mosaic pattern. The furniture was marble and looked as if it had been strategically placed in here directly from the pages of an interior design magazine.