t w e n t y t h r e e

who is your favourite rnb/chill artist? g

who is your favourite rnb/chill artist? g.soul is up there for me!

|TwentyThree|

Lucifer turned to face me with a hurt expression. His eyes dull and writhing in pain. "A spoon?" Lucifer, echoed, his tone expressive. "We haven't seen each other in almost two weeks! And yet, the first thing you ask me after all this time is whether or not I own basic cutlery?"

I nodded, slightly taken back over how upset Lucifer sounded. I thought he was doing fine? Afterall, he was the one who decided to lie to me and pretend he didn't remember me.

Was this something that the Fates had conjured up? If so, what were they planning?

"Um. Of course," I tried to smile and lift the sombre mood, "how else are we supposed to eat the ice cream I bought?"

Lucifer released a defeated sigh and pulled himself up off of the floor. "Come on then," he said, not sparing me a second glance before heading off down the garden and into the kitchen.

He moved around the space almost silently, his body language cut off and cold. I moved onto one of the kitchen bar stools, allowing the snacks I brought to sit on the counter, as I watched Lucifer tug open one of the many grey draws and retrieve the pieces of silverware I had requested.

"Here," Lucifer murmured, tossing the pieces of cutlery onto the counter - the spoons clattering on the surface, its sound full of mockery and distaste - he was irritated now.

"Ice cream makes you happy," I began, not knowing what I had done to upset Lucifer. Shouldn't I be the one acting distant and irritated? Not the other way around?

"Does it? Lucifer returned in a bored tone, taking a seat opposite me.

"Mm!" I nodded, pulling off the sheet of plastic and dug my spoon into the cold creaminess. "Scientists have tested it! It triggers happy hormones in our brains."

"Interesting."

I paused and put down my spoon, releasing a soft sigh as I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat. "Um. I also have crisps and chocolate orange pieces."

"Do you now?"

"What?" I asked, folding over my arms and leaning over the countertop, tilting my head to catch Lucifers eyes.

"What?" Lucifer echoed, his syrupy eyes flickering away from mine.

"You're acting off."