Chapter 34

Finn's POV

I whimper when I hear another clinking sound start up outside my door. The guards  think it's funny to make noises that scare me. I don't think it's so funny.

I wish daddy was here with me. I wish I wasn't so mean to him. I wish I never fell for Kalani's deceit and lies. I wish I wasn't here.

"Shut up brat!" A voice snarls through the doors. I hold my breath and tears as I wait for the footsteps and noises to make it far away from me before I can let the tears and whimpers fall once again.

"I'm sorry Daddy. I didn't mean to yell at you. I love you, and I love Fitz, more then I should, and that scared me. That's why I decided to start hanging out with Kalani more, because I thought she would get my mind off of Fitz and the bad things I thought about him. It's not okay to think about your little brother like that. I didn't want you to tell me someday that I wasn't allowed to be around because of the things that I think about Fitz. I didn't want to be disowned, but I guess that's changed now that I'm here and not there with you." I wipe off my nose and cheeks as I whisper to the ceiling, wishing that it was my family, including Daddy's mates.

I didn't really get to know them when I was there, but they were really nice to Fitz and to Daddy so that means that they have to be okay. And sometimes when Daddy thought I was sleeping he and one of them would come in and ckeck on me before leaving, some nights it was only one of them and Daddy wasn't able to come because he was taking care of Fitz, but they always left a kiss on my cheek before leaving.

I don't know why they were so nice to me, because one of the only memories they have of me I was telling Daddy I didn't need him and that I was fine on my own. I was rude, and mean to Daddy, and I don't deserve all the love that they have me.

"You better shut up mutt or we are going to stop your eating for the next days until we see that you can handle being by yourself and not crying like a baby. You better be ready, because the alpha is coming to see you tomorrow." I shiver at the malice in his voice and the mention of the alpha.

He shouldn't be an alpha. He's a horrible excuse of an alpha. He thinks it's okay to use his title - that he shouldn't have - and make people bow down to him. He makes people fight for positions, and the omega's are treated as if they are dirt. I don't know how anyone could respect a sorry excuse of a man that he is.

Daddy use to say that if an alpha doesn't respect his people for who they are, then he isn't really an alpha. He use to say that if an alpha can bow down to an omega, then you know that he will be a fair alpha.

I remember once when we were hiking through the woods trying to find a river for where we could take a bath. We had crossed paths with a young omega. He feared us, mainly because Daddy and Uncle Xavier are huge, but also because he thought we would hurt him. Daddy and Xavier only kneeled down and showed their necks to the small man. He was shocked, but daddy only politely asked if he wanted to join our pack - which he declined - before we moved on.

I wish that I was as brave as Daddy, but I'll only ever be as good as the man who put me here, because how can you be good when all you see is bad?