Chapter 31- Get Off My Sheet!

Start from the beginning

John merely glanced up from the newspaper he had next to his plate, then went back to reading and eating. "Charming." I stated and leant my elbows on the table in front of me.

"Morning, what can I get for you?" Gary came over and asked me, he had a note pad in his hand and I craned my neck to see Billy working away in the kitchen. It was then that I remembered this was a vegetarian restaurant and that John was reluctantly eating the vegetarian fry up on his plate.

I grimaced but then hid it and smiled at Gary. "Just some granola, then toast. Thanks, Gary." He quirked a smile and jotted down my order.

"Any tea?" He added as an after thought.

"Of course, thank you." I answered still smiling at him as he wrote it down and left. I immediately turned to John. "How's the Vegie breakfast?"

John glowered up at me and dropped his fork, it clattered to the plate and he wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Not great but I put that down to not being vegetarian."

"Fair enough." I shrugged and sat back as Gary put a teapot and cup in front of me. Moments later he brought over a bowl on top of a plate with a bag of granola inside and toast in a toast rack. "Thanks." I raised my eyebrows at John. "I played it safe."

He glared at me again and folded up his newspaper then put it back down harshly on the table. "I need some air." With that he left the inn and me, I just sat sulking on my own as I poured my tea.

"Fancy sharing?" Scott asked and I jumped, almost spilling hot tea on my hand, he smirked as he sat in the now empty seat opposite me.

I slammed the teapot down on the table and glared at him as he grabbed a slice of toast from the rack. "I hate you." I stated and poured some milk in my tea, then on my granola that I'd emptied into the bowl.

"No you don't." He argued lightly as he picked up a knife and buttered his toast. "So, how much longer is this case gonna take, 'cause- I mean I like Devon but it's no London, right?"

I shrugged with a mouthful of granola. "I don't know, at the minute we have very little."

Scott nodded as he took a bit of toast. "How's Mr Holmes?"

"Haven't seen him." I answered before taking another spoonful of cereal. Mr Holmes. It almost made me laugh at how formal it sounded, if anything that was what everyone called Mycroft. Sherlock hated it.

Scott had already finished his first slice of toast and had grabbed another. "And Dr Watson, is it? How's he?"

"Same as always." I replied nonchalantly and finished up my granola. "Speaking of I should find him and catch up on the case." Scott went to stand as I did. "Please don't follow me."

He raised his hands in surrender and sat back down. "Fine. Have it your way. Don't come crying to me when you lot need help."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my coat, then left him sat there as I tried my best to find John. But instead of stumbling across John I walked down a small road and bumped into Sherlock. "Oh, thank god, where have you been?" I asked him quite frantically as he carried on walking away from me.

"Okay, Darcy I'll just ignore you and wander off, shall I? Yeah, I think I will." I commented in a mocking tone and followed after him, walking past a cemetery. Sat on some steps was John, straight backed and looking in a notebook.

Sherlock diverted and walked straight towards the cemetery. "Oh, right, so we are going to see John, okay." I said and held open the gate to follow after Sherlock.

I watched as they looked awkwardly between one another as we approached John and stood in front of him. John put his notebook away and I frowned at why they were acting so weird.