Not Awkward At All.....

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure...." His ears lay back and you both step away from each other.

"Weird..." You both breathe before continuing inside.

"Good evening angel! Harvesting early-" Shanks stops looking at the Chimera. "Hello..."

"Hey Shanks, this is Lucci, he's visiting. Um, can you tell us about this fruit?" You ask, showing him the pearl fruit.

"Oh, theyre a vampires favorite snack, keeps our fangs strong, but never share it with someone." He hums thoughtfully. You and Lucci share a glance.

"Why shouldn't we share it?" Lucci asks.

"Pearl fruit are the main ingredient for love potions. If you share the same fruit you'll be drawn to the other.... What's wrong?" Shanks tilts his head as you both take another step away from eachother.

"Nothing." You and Lucci say together.

"Alright. Well, I have to go out.... Mr. Lucci. You be kind to my little angel." Shanks' voice becomes cool and dangerous, Lucci's ears flatten.

"Shanks! Don't threaten our guests!" You scold, punching his arm.

"But angel..." Shanks pouts. You sigh and hug him.

"It'll be okay, be safe wherever you go." You smile. He gushes, hugging you tightly before heading out. Once alone, you and Lucci look at eachother.

"You... Would you like help with the pie?" His ears fold back and he looks to the side as he asks you.

"Sure, I'll make two pies since we have so much." You give him a smile before getting started. Lucci was surprisingly obedient when you asked him to do things. You place the pies in the oven and straighten up with a smile. "These are going to be so good..." You giggle cheerfully.

"I'm sorry ___." He says, making you pause and look over at him. His ears drooped as he looks at the floor. "I was wrong to single you out for being human..."

"I understand why you did it. I don't like humans either." You murmur, touching his arm.

"Even so, attacking you physically was still wrong..." He sighs. "I'm ashamed, especially after you protected me despite everything..."

"Lucci..." You frown and hug him, making him go rigid. "I forgive you. I never held any contempt against you. You were just trying to protect yourself." Lucci's ears flicker in uncertainty.

"You're no human like I've ever seen..." He breathes.

"I'll take that as a compliment." You pull back with a smile. He blinks at you, ears flattening, still ashamed. It bothered you seeing him like this, what did Chimera's like or enjoy? "Cerberus..." You blink in realization.

"Pardon?" He perks an ear at you. You give him a smile.

"Beer, Wine, Sake! Here boy!" You call down the hall.

"That's... A horrible name..." Lucci sweatdrops.

"Right? I yelled at him for picking the name." You sigh as the Cerberus appears and practically tackles you with kisses. "Hey boy! Lets take a walk!" You giggle, petting the albino beast. You peer at Lucci as he joins you in petting the beast, he seemed a lot more at ease now.

"You realized that Cerberus and Chimera are companion races..." He looks at you.

"Well, I don't know how to help you feel better, but I know companion beasts always find a way..." You hum as Olly leaps onto your shoulder with a hoot, cuddling your cheek. He purrs loudly and Lucci chuckles lowly.