Chapter 4

Lucy p.o.v

I was surrounded by darkness. The was only the faint sound of a ticking and water droplets. A light blue light appeared behind me. I turn to see a droplet hitting the darkness causing a ripple. The ripple went through me. “It’s time to wake up Lucy” a voice said.

My body was thrusted into a white light. My eyes open to see I was in the room from before. My side hurt and my head felt like it was going to explode. I heard someone move on my left. Turning I automatically searched for my keys, but once I saw the pink hair I relaxed.

“Your awake” he asked rubbing his eyes. “Duh” I muttered. The pain is getting unbearable at the moment. I took in a shaky breath and tried to calm myself down. “Wendy passed out before she could fully heal you” Natsu said noticing my distress.

“Where’s my keys” I asked looking around for them.

Natsu handed me my keys. I clutched them close so I wouldn’t lose them again. “How’s the girl” I asked remembering about her. “Wendy manage to save her in time. She’s in a different room. Turns out that was his niece, but she doesn’t remember where they took her brother” Natsu said.

“At least she’s fine” I said sighing in relief. When I tried to move a pain struck me. I let out a strangle cry making Natsu jump up and flying to my side. “You shouldn’t try to move. Wendy said that bird broke two ribs and nearly puncture your lung” Natsu said growling the last part.

He was on the bed holding my still. “It hurts too much” I said as tears streaked my face. The next thing I knew was that Natsu lifted me up in his lap without hurting me. He pulled my head into his neck as he carefully held me. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you” he whispered into my neck.

“You can’t always be there to protect me” I said. His grip tightens but it didn’t hurt.  I moved my arm up and around his neck hugging him.  I heard the door open as Erza, Gray, and Wendy walked in. Natsu didn’t let go of me as they did.

“Oh dear” Wendy said with a frown. Charle was next to her as she said that. “I guess he went to far to stay away from Lucy now his dragon instincts are taken over” she said. I turn to see she was right. Scales appeared by Natsu face and arms. His eyes had that murderous look again. He growled when Erza tried to get closer to the bed.

Natsu Dragneel growled at the great Titania Erza.  I gripped my hands on Natsu rough shoulders making him look in my eyes. “Natsu calm down and come back. If you want me to get better you have to be normal and trying to hurt our friends” I say staring at his eyes. They soften and his scales disappeared. “Sorry” he muttered letting me go. Once I let the safety of his arms my side went into a frenzy of pain.

I clutched my side struggling to hold in my scream. I bite down on my lips drawing some blood. Wendy ran over and gasped. “Gray, Natsu help get Lucy on her back. Erza I need you to go to that medical store we passed earlier. Get me some medicated kelp and olive oils” Wendy said barking out orders.

I felt two pair of hands on me as my body was shifted to where I was on my back. I gave up on not screaming. Every moment caused me so much pain. I was a mess. Tears and screams echoed the room. Wendy began to heal me as the boys held me down. Not long after Erza was back with what Wendy needed. Charle took it from her and began to mash it together. Five minutes later the pain was gone but I was still sore.

Wendy whipped her forehead as she sat back on her heels letting out a sigh of relief. “Okay Lucy I healed your wounds but your ribs are still broken. Here drink this” she said handing me some weird green substance. It smelt awful that Natsu nearly fainted from smelling it. I gulped and let the slimy liquid fall into my throat. I swallowed it and nearly threw up. “That will help heal the ribs. Take another dose in two hours. Also I don’t want you walking for a day, but you can sit up” she said walking out. “Erza do you mind walking with me to that store so I can get more ingredients” Wendy asked before leaving. Erza followed her out as Natsu finally recovered from the smell.

Gray left behind the other two leaving me alone with Natsu who was really dizzy. He landed face first over my lap. “Natsu are you okay” I asked poking his side. He began to giggle when I did that. I smirked and began to tickle him. He was in a laughing fit trying to escape me.

“L—luce pl—lease stop” he laughed turning over catching my arms. I looked down with a soft smile at how adorable he looked.  He sat up and gave me his trade mark smile before sitting criss cross in front of me. I crossed my legs as well as sitting up.

We heard a knock and I saw Natsu face fall as Jacob stepped in. “The Mayor would like to know if your well enough for him to visit” he asked. I looked at Natsu who just shrugged. “Yes” I said to him. I notice Jacob lusty stare at me and it really creeped me out. He left not long after.

“He’s creepy. I don’t like him” Natsu said crossing his arms. At least I wasn’t the only one who thought that. “Yeah” I said agreeing. Not long after the Mayor appeared with the little girl. “My Niece Darci would like to thank you miss for saving her” the Mayor said. Darci walked out from behind him and bowed. “Thank you” she said.

“Your welcome” I said with a smile. She looked up and had a small blush. “I shall take my leave then. Come uncle I think we should let her rest” she said turning to her uncle. For a little girl she sure is well mannered.

“Jacob will bring up some food in a minute. Dragon slayer I would like to talk to you in my office regarding the possible whereabouts where the others could be” the Mayor said. “You going to be okay” Natsu asked. I nodded and watch them leave.

True to the Mayor words Jacob was back with mouth watering food. “Would you like me to fix you a plate” he asked. “Sure” I answered. He got a plate and filled it with some food and walked over to me. He placed the food down on the edge of the bed and walked to me.

I looked up confused at him and saw his eyes had changed a bit. “I think I’ll make you mine” he whispered in a husky voice. That’s when I notice blue scales appearing. He was a dragon slayer!!

I grabbed Loke key and gripped it in my hand. “I wouldn’t make any sudden movements” I said glaring at him. ”Like hell I was going to let some hornomonal dragon take me by force. Sorry but I already like someone” I added. “We will see” he said stepping back and leaving. As he left I saw Natsu walk in. He was glaring at him as the bumped shoulders.

My grip never left Loke key until Natsu walked over after closing the door and locking it. “That bastard didn’t try anything did he” Natsu asked. “He a dragon slayer” I said. “I thought so. His smell is off like he was hiding something” he said gripping the edge of the sheets.

He sighed and got me my plate and handed me it and went over pilling up four for him. I am still amazed at how much he can eat. I dug in my food glad to be here alone with Natsu. I always fell safe when he is around.