Unsuitable Suitor

"Lillian!"

Oh great Lilly thought, her aunt aka the monstrous hag was screeching again and more importantly, screeching at her again. Hurriedly, she threw off her covers and rushed to the door all while haphazardly trying to pull on the blasted white lace dress which wasn't co-operating.

Just as she was about to lose it and decide to storm down in her night dress although the look on her aunt's face may just be worth it a bothersome voice whispered from the back of her mind, soft gentle fingers found their way to her back, quickly and efficiently tying up the pesky lose threads with effortless ease as Ella her oh so wonderful and sweet sister saved her from looking too horrible.

Giving a final pat, Ella gave an encouraging smile to Lily as she shoved her out the door just in time to see what new repulsiveness her aunt had managed to bring in this time.

Plastering a sickly sweet smile on her face she tried not to look too murderous as she took in her latest threat-and almost gagged. Her aunt had really stopped bothering to find even half decent-scratch that- one sixth decent men. It seemed as if the only requirement to be her favourite niece's husband these days was to possess the opposite genitalia. The man-if you could even call him that- was a scrawny, lanky thing, lounging on the dining chair, with small beady eyes that scanned her in way that made her grimace, dressed in different hues of brown and grey that quite reminded her of the streetlings in the East End and the toothy grin that he sent her way only further confirmed her assumptions.

What could have possibly made her aunt think that he was a possible fit for her???

"Mr. Toothstone here-" her aunt was interrupted by the man himself as he leaned forward to whisper something in her ear.

"err... I meant Mr. Charles Toothstone" her aunt continued as he sent another grin her way as if that was supposed to impress her and make up for the fact that he was literally named Toothstone.

She shivered and turned her attention back to her aunt who kept blabbing unaware of what was conspiring.

"...just won the Great London lottery! He's got half a million in cash! It will be wonderful Lillian can you just imagine, you must accept this man's proposal immediately! you won't get an opportunity like this again, you're lucky he's interested..."

Lilly shut out her aunt's mad rambling before it drove her mad. Of course! she should've known it had to do with money, if there was one thing her aunt never got tired of, it was her incessant chase after wealth and riches-and the opportunity to send her away.

"Half a million pounds Lilly! Half a-Lillian are you listening?!?!?!"

Lilly wasn't listening. She could think of one person-a certain dark haired impatient yet alluring statue- who had way more than half a million, who might no would definitely consider it an insult to even consider half a million as decent wealth and who definitely looked far more interesting than this runt of a man in front of her.

"why don't we go fer a walk eh? I'm sure the missus would like me then- I'm known to be quite persuasive" he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, failing to hide the rough accent.

"NO!-uh I mean that won't be necessary" she hastily corrected at a deadly glare from her lovely aunt.

"Mr toothbrush-uh Toothstone, why don't we just talk here in the dining room" where she could keep a clear distance from him if he tried anything.

"Lillian! surely you can't refuse the man-Mr Toothstone please do ignore her lack of manners she's quite the wild child but she can be ladylike" her aunt stressed the last part pointedly looking at her.

"tis okay I don't mind meself a feisty one" he grinned again, exposing his oddly coloured teeth, his beady eyes glinting as he took me in

"I quite like feisty"

Lilly felt the sudden urge to throw up again.

At the side she noticed her other sisters the twins had just come in and were failing to hide their amusement at her situation. There was no way she was going to go anywhere or even associate herself with toothpaste or toothbrush or whatever his blasted name was. She knew she had to take action. And take action soon.

A sudden stroke of inspiration hit her.

"AHHHHHHHH!"

At this, both Toothstone and her Aunt who had been gushing about his newly acquired wealth shut up and focused their attention on her. Even the twins stopped snickering and looked on uncertainly.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" she continued screaming in supposed shock taking care to point and wave her hands maniacally.

"Er... pardon me ma'am but why's she screaming?"

"I don't know! Lillian stop this nonsense at once!"

"AHHHHHHHHH!" She added some extra hand movements that she had once read about-the hand movements that Red Indians apparently used back in the colonies to ward off evil spirits and maybe also conquering white men.

Toothstone looked at her aunt nervously, "does she 'ave a condition?"

"what? Of course not! Lillian stop this immediately!"

"AHHHHHHH!" She decided to get more creative and started to make up a chant off the top of her head to go with her movements how hard could it be anyway.

"AHHHH Al'ha jhutha la i mama kara! Ifrit sakada!"

She was pretty sure it made no sense and may have been shouting random things she'd heard Karim say, but it seemed to do the trick. For once she was glad of the bodyguards colourful cursing.

"Blimey, lor luv' a duck! i've 'ad enough! I'm leaving! you can keep 'er! right crazy she is!"

And with that Mr toothbrush or whatever his name was took another terrified look at Lily-who was still going at it-and fled out the front door without another word.

Which left her alone with her lovely aunt. Who at that moment was not looking very lovely at all. The twins had conveniently disappeared. She doubted even Ella would be able to help her this time.

She gulped and forced herself to look at her aunt. And immediately regretted it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey fellow Ifrits!
Hope u liked this:)
Also I can't wait for the Wednesday update omg so much character development
Anyway, this little fanfic isn't finished, expect more...(;