Chapter 6: Richmond

Start from the beginning

"Who are you talking about?"

"Elijah, he's an Original V-"

"I know who Elijah is, but he's dead."

"Actually, I'm quite alive." A voice interrupted the conversation before it could progress any further and my eyes snapped to the entrance of the alley where Elijah stood, fixing the collar of his suit. "What did I say about being seen, Evangeline?" He looked over at me with a drop-dead serious face, I actually thought his stare might kill me.

"When have I ever listened to you?" I smiled - forcedly - trying to lighten the seriousness of the mood. Slater seemed a bit too surprised with Elijah standing there, I actually thought he was paralyzed. But he quickly regained his composure and stood up.

"You have a point. We'll work on that later, for now the three of us are going to have a chat."

-

"Call them and tell them exactly what I just said." Elijah compelled Slater, handing him the cell phone. We were back at Slater's house, it wasn't that large, but it wasn't tiny.

Slater took the phone, completely dazed, and dialed the number. I listened carefully when I heard someone pick up.

Rose: Hello.

Slater: Rose!

Rose: Slater. Are you okay?

Slater: Yeah, sorry I took off, I was friggin freaked!

Rose: No, I'm sorry I involved you.

Slater: Look, I want no part in any of this, but I did some digging.

Rose: Okay, what did you find?

Slater: You can destroy the curse, but you need the moonstone.

Rose: How? What do you mean? I don't follow.

Slater: Well can your friend get the moonstone? You're going to need it.

Rose: Yes, he can get it. What next?

Slater: A witch. If you get the moonstone, a witch should be able to figure out the rest. Good luck, Rose.

With that he hung up. Elijah rose an eyebrow at me and I motioned for him to continue, I wasn't killing the poor vampire, he'd hardly lived his immortal life. "Very nicely done." Elijah complimented, stepping forward.

"Thanks, I have a degree in theater." He stuttered, obviously terrified as he turned to look at the Original. "How can you compel me? A vampire can't compel another vampire."

"I'm a special vampire."

"What? Because you're an Original?"

"Mm." Elijah eyed Slater in distaste while I turned to face the kitchen. I didn't want to see what I knew came next. "Now I want you to take this, and drive it through your heart."

"But that would kill me, forever."

"I know, but it's necessary."

A gasp, the tearing of flesh, and a thump proceeded Elijah's compulsion and I turned in time to see the grey veins appear on Slater's face - proof he was in fact dead. "Was it really?" Elijah's witch, Jonah I believe, asked as he came out from the kitchen.

"It had to be done, he delivered his message. Won't be long now." Elijah replied, before they began a stare contest, each not backing down. It was weird for me, they were so still, so I broke it.

"So now what? Do we just, wait?"

"Yes. Jonah will go back to Mystic Falls to tell his son, and we will book a hotel. I have a feeling the doppelgänger will want more information, she does seem like the suicidal type." Elijah responded, giving Jonah one last nod before exiting the room, myself in tow.