Chapter 8

Jana walked cautiously through the woods with the pack close behind. She had too make sure she could find a place where the pack could be truly safe.

But Jana felt useless. She felt like it was her fault for trusting Tom and Shannon. How could have she been so stupid? It was obvious they were working for someone. They couldnt have been able to find the pack so fast, and they seemed too calm when they arrived.

Just then Jana felt a hand on her shoulder. Jana was so deep it thought that she almost stepped into a bear trap.

Ceri removed her hand and pointed upward. There was a beautiful mossy ledge with sparkling blue water was spilling out.

Jana took in a deep breath and started climbing.

"Jana! What are you doing?!" Ceri whispered loudly. Jana ignored her and kept climbing.

When Jana was close to the top, she grabbed a ledge and her hand turned purple.

Jana yelled out in pain but kept climbing.

Once she reached the top she felt her whole body become numb. She looked at her hand and noticed the purple was traveling up her arm. Jana gasped in pain and passed out.

Jana opened her eyes and felt no pain in her arm. She tried to sit up but her left shoulder stung.

"Whoa careful!" a pack healer said and kneeled next to Jana. "You had some poison

in you so I got it out before it reached your heart. Except I had to cut your shoulder open to get it out. But dont worry, it should heal by dinner with the medicine I put on."

Jana nodded "Thanks"

The pack healer turned around and walked away.

Jana looked around and gasped. The pack was in an area with a clean lake, pink and green tress with vines, and tropical rocks and animals.

But Jana wasnt sure see was seeing correctly.