Nobody's Choice: The Mind Talk

Mind: What are you doing? Quit poking your lips out like an imbecile!

Me: But I...I got my heart broken, today. I can't believe they did it, again. They just kept stomping on it and -"

Mind: " Hold it right there! Don't feed me all of that nonsense! It happened, so what! Get over it!

Me: " Wow, you sure are cold. "

Mind: " Well, I'm your mind. You keep all of your anger bottled up inside of me. Instead of expressing it, you feed it to me. I have a right to be cold! "

Me: " But - "

Mind: " You should've known it was coming! You're only good for someone's temporary fix. A good- time girl. No one wants to take you seriously, so quit expecting it!

Me: " That's unfair! "

Mind: " This is an unfair world, dear! No one cares about your fragile little feelings! You need to stop paying so much attention to your heart's emotions and invest in me. I'm all you've got! "

Me: " You're not listening to me..."

Mind: " Lock your heart away! Since people don't know how to treat it, quit leaving it out for people to take! Lock it away! Condemn it! You need to quit trusting everyone. Don't put your trust in ANYONE."

" Me " took her mind's advice. She concealed her heart from Ms. Society, and she locked it away in a small, little cage - for good.