Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"He ran after you." He said, as he moved the clutch. "But I have to stop him. I was told to put a reasonable distance between you and your husband, in case things like this happens."

"You... knew?" So there goes my liberty of being with someone who does not know anything about the marriage.

"Why would I even waste my time here? And I need your father's vote for the board."

"And this is..."

"Your father likes to play games where he's gaining something more."

"So you agreed on being a bodyguard?"

"For a day." He muttered. "Definitely not by choice."

"You're too proud to be a bodyguard."

"Well you're not the only one born with a golden spoon Miss Andrea." He taunted.

Squinting my eyes, I found him annoyingly genuine (if such adjective exists). "And you're complacent because of that?"

"Just stating facts." He retaliated without remorse.

I was about to bark down at his ego but then my phone started ringing again.

Why is Justin stubborn?

"Love is stupid." He side commented all of a sudden.

"It's not stupid." I defended. "The people who are does." Yet capitulated afterwards.

He chuckled. "Of course you'd know."

I couldn't help but to glare at him. His words dancing behind goad and mock. "As soon as you fall in love, dare say that to me again."

"Be my guest." He said proudly, as if nothing could ever break his prejudice upon the affection. "But I'll let you in on a secret, I don't like people in general."

"Yeah well, the general people feels the same way."

He only laughed at me, his eyes rested in front of the road ahead but was soon cut off short. "Well yeah your husband's definitely stupid."

My mouth fell ajar. I cannot believe he's saying this in front of me. I mean, just all of a sudden. "What did you just—"

He stopped the car and glanced my way. I looked outside to find we're already at the orphanage.

"Look who did his research after all." Brandon commented as he gestured at a familiar Bentley, not too far from where we were.

I felt my body unmoving, clearly rooted on my seat. I didn't know what to feel, other than being surprised of course.

What is Justin doing here? How did he know? Was it Nana? Was it Ronaldo? He was at Walmart just an hour ago? Did he follow us here?

"Your father wouldn't approve of this." Brandon stated the obvious.

"We're here now. And I've bought food for the children. If someone should leave, that's supposed to be Justin." I said, but almost tightened my grip against my phone when I saw Justin getting out of the car. Hesitation evident in his stance, but still he started his trek towards where we were.

"You should stop chasing people who just want you when its convenient."

I glared at his side. "It's not your place to intervene—" he cut me off.

"When I see people being stupid, I can't help but to shove it down their faces."

"... and do I look like I'm the one running after him?"