Chapter one- Frightening news

I wrote chapter one and the intro in one day, I want to write more but idk. I'm so inspired, most likely this will be a long book, so bear with me.
.....................................................

Cath woke up from her dream. This time it was good, unlike the nightmares she had often. Cath turned her head to Jest, who was still asleep. She remembered the look in his eyes when he saved her from the Jabberwock. Of course that actually happened in real life, but in her dream there was more, so much more.
She silently slid out of bed, not wanting to, but she did.
Jest stirred slightly, but he didn't wake up.
"Good" she silently thought. She wanted to get answers, she deeply loved Jest and all, but Catherine wanted someone to truly answer her, to satisfy the need of her curiosity.
She put on her boots, and a shawl, and stepped outside. She knew where Hatta lived, and she went there often, mainly to bring him sweets that she made. As she walked down the street from her house, she thought about when she married Jest, how Hatta had suddenly changed, he had been angry with her for marring the king, the king of hearts had made a big announcement that he was marring Cath, but she didn't, everyone thought she was, including Jest and Hatta. They were both angry with her, Jest got over it as soon as  she ran to him at the ball, Hatta, was not so easily persuaded. Hatta finally forgave Cath after Jest and her stated they were getting married.
"Your just right for him." Hatta had said with a sweet smile. "But don't you dare break his heart." He suddenly said jokingly and also harshly, but he smiled as he said it.
Cath turned a corner and found herself at Hatta's house. There was a sign on his door that read,
"Selling hats, come on in!"
She knocked harshly on the door, making her presence known to Hatta.
When Hatta opened the door, his tired face lit up.
"Oh! Come on in, Lady Pinkerton!"
Cath was delighted by his welcome. "Oh Hatta, Please call me Catherine."
Hatta smiled at her, his hair peaking out of his hat all at once, he was so different from anyone else, that even from a long trip, he was a sight for sore eyes.
Catherine walked into his house, a surprisingly neat and tidy place. There was a desk in the back and a few doors that led to other nicely kept rooms. Hatta urged Catherine to sit down.
"What are you doing here Lady- er Catherine, I must get used to that." He laughed a small laugh that lifted Catherine's heart. "Now Catherine, what did you come here for?"
Catherine smiled at Hatta, and simply said, "I have come to ask you some questions." She paused, scared to go on. "About that scream we heard before we entered into chess."
Hatta's happy gaze fell.
"I know it is a lot to ask." Cath continued to go on, "but I must know."
Hatta looked at Catherine with a questioning look on his face. "So that's why Jest is not here with you." Cath flinched at that. "Well, I do not know much, which is probably best for you." He paused, daring to go on." But you made the right choice not to go back to hearts. I don't want to talk about this very much, if I must be honest."
Catherine's heart sank, "I know, I haven't told anyone this, except for me Jest, but I have been having nightmares about it, ever since we came back."
Hatta looked at Catherine, and finally said, "The only way to find out, is to see the three sisters."
Cath hoped he would not say that. She never wanted to see them again. "I was afraid you would say that, which is why I was hoping you could see them for me, as I do not wish to see them, and I do not know how I would get there and back."
"Yes, I might be able to do that, but I would like some of your delicious treats as payment." Hatta looked up at her with hope that he would get some treats.
Cath laughed. " I did not bring any with me now, but I will make you some soon."
Hatta looked at her, "I will go, but you cannot follow, if I think the truth is too unbearable, then I will not tell you, and no matter what." He paused, and did not want to go on, but he said, "you can not tell Jest."
"Sounds easy enough, though I would like to hear every last drop of information, even if it is too unbearable."
Hatta looked at her, "As you wish."
----------------------------------------------
As Catherine sat down, staring into her reflection, she wondered what was taking Hatta so long. She tried not to think of anything bad happening. She kept her secret, though it was somewhat hard not to tell Jest- as it seemed he could read her mind- she didn't say a word.
"Why hello, gorgeous." Jest cooed into her ear. The whisper made her skin tingle and her heart hammer. Jest put his arms around Cath's neck, bent down, and kissed her cheek.
Cath looked up at Jest, her joker, her rook. Hers.
She stood up, "Hello Jest. I thought you were done playing games with me." She said, waiting for a reaction.
"Oh, but I am a man of many mysteries. Never forget that, Cath."
Catherine looked up at him, she could see the love and affection in his eyes.
" Oh Jest, I love you, and you know that, but why must you always be so hard?" She laughed, something she did often around him.
Jest pulled her close to him, and he stared down at her eyes. He noticed everything about her, her red cheeks, black hair, full lips. He leaned his head close to hers, just about to touch his lips to hers, when suddenly the door burst open.
Hatta stood there, scared look on his face, but that was quickly replaced with shock and embarrassment. "Sorry for not knocking, and interrupting...... this."
It reminded Cath of the time Tillie, one of the three sisters, had mentioned that Cath was the girl Jest had brought to the meadow and kissed and kissed. Exactly how Tillie had said it.
And Hatta had said he would have been fine without that thought floating in his head.
Embarrassed Jest let go of Catherine, his smile replaced with worry, "What is it Hatta? Is something wrong?"
Hatta looked at Cath, who nodded, giving him the opportunity to tell them both everything. "I went back to see the sisters, Catherine wanted me to see the sisters to figure out what that scream was about."
Jest swung his head to Catherine. "Why didn't you tell me?" His voice was full of worry.
" I didn't want to make you worried."
"Hatta what happened?" Jest ignored Cath's comment.
Hatta looked at Cath and Jest, trying to figure out what to say.
"The Jabberwock, its terrorizing the kingdom of Hearts. The picture... Cath, the scream was Mary Anne, she along with many others, have been killed by the Jabberwock."
Jest turned to Catherine. "Cath, what do we do?" Jest asked with urgency in his voice.
At that moment Cath didn't know what to do, the sudden news of her best friend being dead gripped her throat, like someone was trying to choke her.
"I-I don't know."
She gulped back a sob.
.....................................................
I had fun writing this, I hoped you guys liked the first chapter, the second one is coming soon!