My Jerk of a Mate

Hi everyone, this is my first story and im still trying to get the hang of this. Im not a writer but I thought i'd give it a try. So comment if you have any imput and vote if you want. Enjoy!

My hair blew with the wind as i passed by another mile of green forest. I held on to the handles as my bike started to go faster, if that were even possible. Making a quick left, the road turned from smooth black concrete into bumpy gravel. Looking down at my watch I see its 12:30AM and as I slow down i see that the porch light is still on. I pull up to the side of the house and put it in our new garage.  

I slowly walk up the the steps of the porch and sit on the porch swing. Going up to "my room" would mean looking at my life that was still packed in the cardboard boxes around "my room". What I really wanted to do was run passed the yard and shift into my white wolf as I run throw the forest. But my dad said I couldnt go into the woods until we meet the pack tomorrow night.  

Im still trying to wrap my head around the idea that 2 days ago we moved from sunny L.A. to this small town of Lakeside. My parents said that my grandma needed us to be with her, so now we are basiclly my grandmother's babysitters. Dont get me wrong, i love my grandma but I miss my old friends, school, pack, and most of all the beach. My mom told me that there was a beach here but I dont think it will even compare to the beaches in L.A. 

I looked back at my watch andvsee that it's 1:18AM. Knowing that I have school tomorrow i decide to head upstairs. Reaching my new room i grab a pair of PJ shorts and a tanktop out of a box with the word "clothes" written on the side. After changing I walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth. 

Looking in the mirror I see my brown eyes lokking back at me. Im not trying to sound self- centered by I know that I'm pretty. My sister and I look a lot alike. We both have long brown hair and eye, a perfect year round tan, and thin but still have curves in the right places. The only thing that sets us apart is the fact that I can shift into a wolf and she can't. Some how the gene passed her but she doesnt seem to mind. Right now she is 24 and somewhere traveling the world with her friend, when I'm here in Lakeside, Minnesota.  

After im done looking at myself, I finish brushing my teeth and wash my face. As I slide into bed and look out my window at the stars since I still havent put my curtains up. Checking my bed side clock it shows 2:00 AM in glowing numbers. Knowing I start my first day at Lakeside High School tomorrow I let my eyelids close and my mind to dream. Images of my wolf running throw the trees pops in my head. Feeling my pads hit the ground is the last thing I remember when I fell into the bliss of sleep.