Twenty six

Vanessa had agreed to meet Louisa so to discuss about the cast and the filming of the scenes. She was so happy. She had carefully picked up her outfit so to be professional enough and applied as make up as it needed.
She knew that this was a big opportunity and she didn't want to let it slip. It was also a way to forget about what had happened with Noah. She could still feel his presence and that made her feel uneasy.
She looked herself one last time in the mirror making sure she was looking great.
Taking her purse she opened the door bumping into Mesut.
- I was about to ring the doorbell.
He explained looking at her smiling.
He had just finished from practice and he had decided to spend some time with Vanessa again, perhaps going out or doing something fun.
Vanessa smiled back at him.
- You came to see me ?
She asked while running her fingers through his hair.
She was even happier now. In fact she was excited knowing that Mesut had thought of her.
- Well, yes I did. What are you up to ? Going out or staying here ? They are both fine by me.
He said and for the first time he looked at her appearance.
- You look great.
He said admiring her.
- Thank you. Actually, I've got to be somewhere. Meeting this producer I've told you about, remember ?
Mesut nodded.
- That's a shame. I really thought we could spend some time together.
He said while kissing her gently.
- Well, we can when I come back.
She offered smiling at him.
- Sure. Do you want me to drive you ?
- There's really any need to, just wish me luck.
Mesut nodded.
- It's going to be okay, you know that.
He said comforting her.
- I really hope so. I mean it's a big opportunity and it's better not to be wasted.
She said thinking of it.
This time she was going to act more professionally because she knew that she needed that in order to succeed. She looked at Mesut waiting for his answer.
- I totally agree with you.
He said kissing her once again.
- So, I guess I'll see you later ?
- Sure. I'll wait for you. It's actually better to go at my place. I'll be there, you can come when you finish with that.
- Great.
They both left Vanessa's house.
Vanessa had no idea how was going to be with that Louisa girl. She knew that she didn't want to be late so she had to hurry.

Vanessa had been to that studio before. She felt relaxed only in that.
The studio was almost empty as she went inside. It was actually a good place for her scenes to be filmed there. She felt excited only in the thought.
A girl perhaps a little older than her was sitting in a chair, absorbed in something she was reading. She was casually dressed and her black hair where in a bun.
As if she felt Vanessa's presence she looked at her. Vanessa thought that she hadn't seen someone with darker eyes than her.
The girl smiled at her and stand up from her chair.
- You must be Vanessa. I'm Louisa Thompson.

Vanessa opened her house's door feeling excited. She wasn't even tired and it was quite late. She dropped her purse in the couch thinking whether she should call Mesut to tell him how the meeting with Louisa was. She decided that he was probably sleeping and that she had to wait until tomorrow.
She knew that he had morning practice and it was better not to interrupt his sleep. He had texted her earlier if everything was okay and Vanessa had taken a minute to respond that everything was under control.
The truth was that Louisa was interested in working with Vanessa. They had agreed to start the auditions for the cast as soon as possible. Louisa was going to inform her when the auditions would be ready to take place.
Vanessa was so happy. Her life had finally started settling down. She needed that, she definitely did. She didn't want to go through everything she had already been through. She had the most difficult time of her life when her engagement failed and then had to decide to return to her hometown to make it all better. She seriously had no idea that things would turn out this way. She couldn't deny though that she liked it.
She took her shoes of and headed to her bedroom. It was about time for her to sleep as well, although she wasn't sure she could indeed sleep. She was way too excited, to even attempt it.
She laid in her bed rereading her scenes in her laptop. Louisa had agreed with all of them. She was way more professional than Noah would ever be.
Vanessa closed her eyes.
If only things would work out this time.

She opened her eyes the next day realizing she had fallen asleep with her laptop beside her the previous night.
She checked the time. It was late. She hadn't slept like that in ages. She must have been really tired. She decided to have some breakfast and then head to Mesut's evening practice, she would have been to the morning one instead but well, she have fallen asleep.

She hadn't told Mesut that she was going to be to his practice. She preferred to surprise him.
She looked forward on him finishing his practice and then spend some time together. She really liked spending time with him. Well, she liked him and that was no longer a secret.
Arriving at the Emirates Stadium she wore her sunglasses and dropped out of her car. She made her way to the stands of the Stadium watching as the Arsenal players had started their practice.
She immediately spotted Mesut while a smile was formed in her lips.

Mesut kissed her gently knowing that somewhere behind him Aaron and Olivier were mocking him.
- How was this producer thing ?
He asked her looking straight into her eyes.
- It was actually great. Everything went great and don't worry about Louisa, she's nothing like Noah.
Vanessa said smiling.
Mesut placed again a kiss in her lips.
Aaron cought to caught their attention.
Mesut looked at him with raised eyebrows.
- I'm Aaron Ramsey.
He said handing his hand to Vanessa.
- Nice to meet you Aaron. I'm Vanessa.
- Finally got to meet you. You know Mesut talks about you all the time.
Vanessa laughed.
- Really ?
Well, Mesut didn't talk about her all the time but Aaron liked to exaggerate a little.
- Yes. Pretty much anything that's going on between you two.
Mesut looked at Aaron with the corner of his eye.
- Yes, shut up now.
He said but Aaron had just started.
- Sometimes he's distracted in practice, and he was so upset when you went in Ireland. He immediately decided to go after you.
Mesut wanted to curse but Vanessa's reaction prevented him from doing so.
- I know, he's such a sweetheart.
Vanessa said hugging him.
Mesut raised proudly his eyebrows at Aaron who made a face.
- I'm going to change and then we can do whatever you like.
He said making sure Aaron had heard him and then kissed Vanessa really slowly.
- Okay, I'll wait.

Vanessa and Mesut had eaten in a restaurant accompanied by Aaron who kept asking Vanessa questions about her life. She responded to all of them smiling brightly and Aaron made a mental note not to ask about Julian since it would be awkward for both Vanessa and Mesut.
After that Aaron left, saying he had stuff to do, which was more likely to leave the two of them alone.
Vanessa and Mesut headed to Mesut's place. They were both eager to spend another night together.
Mesut closed the door behind them. Vanessa left her purse in his couch and took her coat of. It was the first time she had been to his house and took a moment to admire the place.
- I like your house.
She said honestly.
- It's good. What do you want us to do now ?
He said kissing her gently.
Vanessa smiled and thought of it.
- Can we watch a movie ? I'd like that.
- Sure. What kind of movie ?
He asked her but he was sure what kind of movie would Vanessa like to watch.
- Well,.....
- Romance. Drama. Am I right ?
He asked kissing her again.
- The type of movie I like. Definitely my type.
Mesut raised his eyebrows.
- Really ? You didn't seem the girl that likes romance.
He teased.
- Well, believe it or not I do mr. Ozil. But you can choose the movie this time.
- Great.
- It should be romantic though.
- I'll keep that in mind.
He leaned to kiss her but Vanessa made a step backwards.
- I'm going to change.
She announced.
Mesut looked at her with raised eyebrows.
- Change ?
- I'm not comfortable with that.
She said pointing at her outfit.
- Good. Go and......change then ?
He asked still being confused.
- Can I wear your pajamas ?
- Go for it.
He said watching her as he headed towards his room.

Vanessa came after a while dressed in Mesut's pajamas. Mesut looked at her with his eyes wide open.
Vanessa smiled at him.
- They don't suit me much but I like them. They have your smell.
She said while smelling the top of the pajamas.
- Well, because I wear them ?
He asked raising his eyebrows.
- You know what ?
Vanessa asked smiling.
- What ?
- I like spending time with you. I really do. I have never been happier in my life, and that's weird cause I wanted to avoid you as long as I met you.
Mesut smiled.
- And why was that ?
Vanessa raised her shoulders.
- I don't know. But I know I was mistaken. And that this wasn't fair for you. You've always been so kind with me.
- Cause I liked you.
Vanessa made her way towards him.
- I like you too. A lot.
- I knew it, but it's fine as long as you admitted it.
He said taking her in his arms making her giggle.
- Stop it. I want to see the movie you chose.
She protested.
- Well, I think you'll like it.
- Great, what about you ? Won't you like it ?
Mesut chuckled.
- I could always sleep.
He said.
Vanessa patted his shoulder.
- Don't you dare sleep during the movie.
Mesut pulled her into a kiss.
- Then you'll have to make me not to sleep. You have to keep me entertained mrs. Taylor.