Twenty four

Vanessa went through all the missing calls in her phone biting her lip. She knew herself that she was so annoying. How could she behaving like that ? Was she that desperate of attention ? If she was Mesut, she would have probably call herself a few names and never talk to her again. But Mesut seemed to keep trying and Vanessa felt even worse.
She looked outside the window. It had started getting really dark. She was sitting at the kitchen table, pretending to be calm but knowing that she wasn't.
- Hello ?
Dana called appearing in the kitchen.
Vanessa looked up at her smiling. She was expecting her to come from time to time. She really need to talk to her. Dana's brown eyes were penetrating her thoughts so she knew what was Vanessa going to tell her, before she even had the chance to speak.
- I'm desperate.
Vanessa knew that this word was perfectly describing her at the moment.
- What for ?
- He had called me a thousand times and I keep ignoring him and the worst part of all is that I know that I want nothing more than talk to him right now.
Vanessa explained bitting her lip.
Dana raised her eyebrows.
- Call him back.
- My ego's showing.
Vanessa admitted.
- Well,.......
Dana ran her fingers through her thick brown hair in frustration.
- I'm about to go crazy.
- Vanessa take it easy, okay ? Like you said you're not a teenager, you know what you're looking for, just let him be a part of your life.
Vanessa nodded.
She was about to call him but stopped.
- I'm so terribly anxious about that.
- I know. Which means that you care.
Vanessa bit her nails this time.
- What if he wants to tell me something different ?
Dana rolled her eyes.
- Time to behave like a grown up Vanessa.
She hesitated.
- Right. I'll call him. Right now.
Before she even attempted her phone started ringing, scaring her.
Dana cocked an eyebrow.
- Well ?
- It's him.
- Great, pick it up.
- Do I have to ?
Dana looked at her madly.
Vanessa picked her phone up, afraid of what was going to follow. Her voice couldn't come out but there was no need to since Mesut stormed out.
- Why the hell haven't you picked your damn phone up ?
Vanessa closed her eyes.
- Hi, Mesut.
- Vanessa you think that this is funny, don't you ?
- Well, I'm on vacation, that means I wanted some time on my own but you obviously didn't get that.
Dana gave her the look and exited the kitchen.
- You said that we were talking before you leaving.
- No, Mesut you said that.
Vanessa snapped.
- Anyway, it doesn't really matter.
Mesut said finally calming down.
Vanessa felt anxious. Why didn't it matter ?
- Of course, it doesn't.
Vanessa replied with a shaky voice. Was it the end ? Vanessa wanted to scream out from frustration.
- I came in Ireland Vanessa. We need to talk. And we will.
Vanessa's mouth opened in shock. She was pretty sure Mesut was lying.
- What do you mean you came in Ireland ?
- Exactly what I'm saying.
- And your practices ? Your matches ? You've got to be crazy.
Mesut smiled. Well apparently she seemed to realize that there were a lot of sacrifices. Mesut though was hoping that he could make her change her mind and come back in London with him immediately.
- I'll text you the address of the hotel, I'm staying. And you're coming. Immediately.
Vanessa felt sick. That was no good.
- Wait, how did you know in which city my brother leaved ? I don't remember mentioning something like that to you.
Mesut chuckled.
- You did Vanessa.
Well, she actually didn't. And Mesut had to depend on his beloved manager to find some kind of information, but that was none of Vanessa's business.
- I really don't remember it.....
Vanessa murmured.
- This isn't the point. Come in the address I'm texting you.
Vanessa hesitated.
- Now.
He said steadily.
Vanessa bit her lip. She would go to only if she wanted to and not because Mesut demanded it. She hesitated.
Yes, as if you don't know what you'll do in the end.
She thought to herself.
- Okay, send me the address.

Vanessa was actually surprised Mesut hadn't decided to stay in a more luxury hotel. Well, that was a really luxury one but thought that he could have booked one that was even more. She sat silently in her car, watching the hotel.
Is that right ?
She kept repeating to herself.
She hadn't thought that much while driving till here. Now though, she felt as if she couldn't think of anything else.
What if anyone could see her there ? And then see Mesut ? What were all these people going to think ?
Of course she was so desperate that she was going to hoe around with a teammate of her ex's.
She felt sick in that thought. She knew well enough though that this was going to be the main thought of everyone's.
Why was everything she was doing connecting to her past ? She wasn't the same person. Not the same stupid girl, thinking that she had actually found true love.
- Well,fuck you Julian.
She said out loud.
Her nerves had started to take the best of her and she decided that there was no point of her waiting more. She headed out of the car, making her way to the hotel. She took a deep breath and entered the lobby. It was almost empty. Almost.
Mesut was sitting in one of the couches checking something in his phone.
Vanessa looked at him.
Why had he to be so damn hot ?
As if he felt her gaze, Mesut looked at her. Vanessa pretended to have just seen him, making her way towards him.
Mesut stood up from his couch approaching her. They were both speechless.
- I thought you wouldn't come.
He finally said.
- Well, here I am.
She said pointing out the obvious, feeling silly at the exact same time.
Mesut looked at her suspiciously. She seemed too calm.
- We need to talk.
- I thought so.
- Don't be smart Vanessa.
Vanessa bit her lip, feeling embarrassed. She could think of Mesut biting her lip instead. She then noticed Mesut's eyes staring at her as if he had thought the same thing.
She didn't realize the moment he leaned and placed his lips in hers. Vanessa didn't expect it but kissed him back though.
He placed his hands around her waist and pulled her body a little closer to him.
He didn't realize either the moment he had started leading her to the elevator, leading both of them in his hotel room. As soon as he understood that Vanessa wasn't going to stop him, he kissed her more demanding and she did to.
A few moments later, he was closing his room's door behind them, having not let go from Vanessa's lips in all the way to the room.
He was pretty sure Vanessa was going to stop him and he hesitated for a moment before finally attempting to take her shirt of, the only time letting go of her lips. Vanessa stared into his eyes as if giving him her permission while Mesut continued on taking his shirt of.

They were both staring at the ceiling speechless. Mesut was pretty sure Vanessa had regretted the whole thing and that's why she kept silent. She turned to face her the same moment she did to and she felt her cheeks heating up.
She stared at the ceiling again.
- We really have to discuss your idea of "talking".
She snapped.
- Yes, act as if you weren't the one asking for a second time.
Vanessa blinked.
- Whatever.
Mesut touched her naked arm.
- It's about time for you to start complaining that this was a mistake.
He said calmly.
Vanessa smirked.
- And what if I'm not going to ?
- Well, that means that you liked it more than you like to admit.
He protested with a proud smile all over his face.
Vanessa hit him with a pillow.
- What was that supposed to mean ? I thought we were friends.
- Friends after me expressing how I felt about you ?
Vanessa nodded.
- If you insist that we're friends then that was, I don't know friendly sex perhaps ?
Vanessa looked at him.
- There's not such thing.
She cocked an eyebrow.
- It's late. How about calling your brother and telling him you're staying here ? In case he's worried.
Mesut said smirking.
- Who told you I'm staying here ?
- So do you think that the fun's over ? We've got the whole night mrs. Taylor.
Vanessa chuckled.
- As if you can go the whole night.
- Try me.
- Enough. I'm calling my brother anyway, cause it's late and the kids might be already sleeping and I don't want to make any noise........so.......
- So you'd better have sex with me the whole night.
- Yes. No! Okay, shut up, I'm calling him.
- Well, I'm going to have a shower in case you want to have a friendly shower.
He announced and Vanessa looked at him shocked.
Mesut liked the shocked face she made, she liked her response though better.
- I'm coming as long as I finish the phone call.

- Well, believe me he appeared in Kim's house -I was staying with Kim before the wedding- and he didn't even have the guts to say: Vanessa I don't want to marry you. I understood it myself.
- How much of an asshole. Try this.
Having called the room service, they were eating while chatting after their shared shower.
- That's actually good.
Vanessa commented.
- It's the first time I see you eating that much.
He snapped.
- Well, I'm hungry.
- Course you are. You had a lot of exercise.
Vanessa smiled.
- Well, I should exercise more then.
- Sure. I'll be your personal trainer.
She smirked.
She couldn't deny that she had thought of it as if it was wrong. She decided that she shouldn't think of it that much though. She had a great time and she actually fancied Mesut. It was so easy talking to him now. She shouldn't have worried so much about it. And she had decided to return back in London. No need of staying here any longer. She was sure that Mesut was happy with that, she even thought that he had made this whole thing in order to convince her to come back. Not that she didn't like it of course. She still doubted whether this was the right decision to make. She decided to give it a try. Maybe it was worth it,and maybe not.

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you so much for the 1k reads, I really appreciate it!
Of course thanks for voting and commenting, it really means a lot!
I try to update as often as possible, but it's not always easy with school going on.
Anyway thanks again for being supportive, I really hope you're enjoying the story, and I'll update of course as soon as possible. (I'm really glad Arsenal won against Burnley on Sunday 😍)
And remember not to be too harsh on me English isn't my first language.
xx