Chapter 7-The ice feeling is getting stronger

Toshiro's pov

It was Rangiku..

"RANGIKU...I..."

"What happened...?" asked Rangiku..her eyes were filled with shock at the sight of Momo..

"...A lot..." I then went on to describe what I had seen..how Momo had sent a ninja to the Soul society..How Momo had battled the giant beast and was defeated despite her best efforts.., how I had decided to retreat, the things I had noticed about the beast and the strange man behind the beast..

"He was probably manipulating it..." I explained..."But never mind that..Where is Captain Unohana..?"

I looked down at Momo and then across to Rangiku, looking desperate..Momo was losing more and more blood...Rangiku narrowed her eyes in concentration..."..I think...she..."

"She's where??" I asked...

Rangiku was still thinking..Damn...why did my lieutenant have to be so damn laid back??

I grabbed her kimono and glared at her.." LOOK. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE SHE IS RANGIKU...." I yelled in rage and panic...."AS SOON AS YOU CAN. PLEASE..."

Rangiku looked taken aback.."...Captain..."..Her eyes widened in surprise..

I continued to glare at her, desiring an answer..Momo's health depended on this..

"..She should be in the Sogo Kyugo Tsumesho of the seretei as usual.."

I rushed past...."Thank you Rangiku.." and ran as fast I could..Momo...hang in there..you've just got to.....

..Suddenly I felt the sensation I felt before....Ice...again...It felt significantly stronger and warmer from the last time..The source of the feeling must be within the soul society...

..Could it be the ninja Momo saved..?

..Regardless...I prayed that Unohana would be there..and would be free to see Momo and heal her...If she could...

Why did I doubt the captain..? Of course she could..

..But what if she couldn't.....Grr.....I ran even faster...

Rangiku's pov

..My god..the captain really was in a hurry I thought to myself ...Poor Momo...she's definitely been through the wars..That monster...It's definately different from what any of our soul reapers have faced...Those ninja..when they discover it...they're in for a real battle..

..

And the look on the captain's face..I'd never seen him look so desperate....He really does love her...I laughed to myself...He's still in denial about it..It's so damn obvious..

Look at me..laughing about stuff like that when Momo's in a critical state...I sighed...I hope she's going to be okay...Toshiro would never forgive himself if she...

Utikate's pov

...My eyes widened...

"Haku...I just realised. I have a meeting with the other captains soon...I will have to go.."

"I see.." Haku looked down..

I noticed the lonely look in his eyes.."I understand.." He smiled at me..

I looked at the boy again...He was talented and extremely intelligent and insightful for his age...

He could not be overlooked...but then whether or not he wanted to be a Soul reaper or useful to the soul society was up to him..I did not want to force a decision on the boy..he should make up his own mind on what he wants to do...I hope that I did not sway him in a certain way and give him biased thoughts on the Soul society...I know we are not perfect here..

Since Ichigo came and the chaos with Aizen happened, things have gotten better but still....

"Haku..." I looked directly into his brown eyes

"Yes, sir?"

"..Would you consider..."

Haku's  pov

I took a few minutes to process what he had said...

"Come along to the meeting with you?"

He nodded...

Was he serious..I thought to myself..."Does that mean..you really want me to become a soul reaper...?"

"...Well, you don't have to..I don't want to force you into anything. You are a very talented young man, Haku and very insightful..and you would indeed be of aid to us..however..you wouldn't have to become a soul reaper to help us. Then again, you don't have to get involved in the soul society's affairs ..The choice is up to you.."

I closed my eyes and thought for a while...I don't know.....I don't have to be a soul reaper..or I could be...I would help the Soul society? In what way though could I be of use..? To Master Zabuza..I was his tool...I helped him as his partner to carry out his dirty work and helped him with tasks he had been paid to do..Silent killings..Stopping the bridge from being built...and in the end..I sacrificed myself for him...What did I want to do now....? What other options did I have other than what the captain had suggested..? Live in the soul society...but then I'd be by myself...

Yes..I could make friends...I could reach out to others...but what if they were scared of my power...and worst of all..I wouldn't have my master by my side....In the case of helping the Thirteen court guard squads, I still wouldn't have my master..but I wouldn't be alone..I would be protecting others...I would be of use to people..

I continued to think long and hard over what the Captain had said..

I had to make my mind up soon, otherwise, the captain would have to leave..

Suddenly..I felt something odd..the same feeling as I'd felt before...Ice...very cold Ice...It felt even colder...and like it was closer than before...