4. For the sake of love, I can do this.

A week passed since Rae and I had a talk. I'm doing fine now. I've been taking things normal and living a new life with a girl-best friend. She's the one with me during mornings on our way to school and lunch. She's not helping me to move on and forget though, she's actually encouraging me day by day to be strong enough and face Bryan.

One problem though, I have never seen him since last week. I don't see him going to my class either. Rae and I asked his teammates if they saw Bryan and they're just casually answering us that he's doing fine and he's been attending their practices always.

Sometimes, I'm thinking, that maybe he doesn't want to see me anymore or maybe he's just having a perfect time with his perfect girlfriend too much.

"Oh my gosh!” Rae exclaimed slash interrupted my thoughts. Her voice nearly caught the attention of everyone in the cafeteria.

"What the hell?" I asked, confused.

"I think I just formulated something," she answered, pointing her index to her head.

"What?" 

"If you can't see Bryan around, then let's get to see Krista."

"Krista? No!" 

There's no way I'm going to see her. Yes, she doesn't have anything to do with what I feel right now because after all, it's my fault but I'll never have the courage to face her, especially talk to her.

"Don't be silly, I have a feeling that you need to."

"No! What would I tell her, 'Hey Krista, for your information, I am the reason why you got a Greek god boyfriend right now, so you should thank me’ and hug her?" I complained all in one breathe.

She rolled her eyes and mouthed the word 'stupid', "Duh, you just gotta ask her if she knew where the hell your future husband is."

I felt a little back flip in my stomach when she mentioned that 'future husband' thing but it's actually crazy knowing that I'm not even his girlfriend right now. "That's sweet but that would make me sound like a desperate little whore. And note, you're overusing the word 'duh' so much. I'm disgusted." 

Her mouth formed a big 'O'. "I can't believe I influenced you that much." 

I giggled at what she said. 

"And, don't change the subject Jamie, we need to talk to Krista, like it's really a must my dear." She talked confidently while crossing her legs and raising one of her brows. She's more serious than Professor Umbridge right now. 

***

"Look Rae, this doesn't make any sense. It would just surely embarrass us. Like well, most of all…me. Can we just go back and please don't knock?" I asked Rae as we stood in front of some stranger's house or might as well, Krista's house. The sun was about to set. I don't know what came to Rae's mind. I mean, why do I still need to talk to Krista? I don't have any idea what to ask and tell her. What would I do if the door opened unexpectedly? Act as their long lost relative?

This will gonna be a total humiliation.

"Jai, you've said that quite many times now. I think the people inside already knew they have visitors, so can you please shut up and let me do our plan?"

"Correction, your plan." Rae didn't care to listen, instead, she knocked to the door of this house located three blocks away from mine. She knocked about three times until the door swung open revealing a brunette lady. She's taller than us, really fit and looking hot in pajama shorts and tank top with hair all messy. "Yes?" She asked wearily.