Chapter 6

"Well congratulations Foxleap, your wound is healed!" Jayfeather sounded excited yet dull, as always. Foxleap shook out his long ruffled pelt. "Gee, thanks Jayfeather." Foxleap bounced out the den. Today was the day. But first he had to be ready. He walked out of camp. Thornclaw and Cloudtail were guarding the camp entrance. As soon as he got out of there sight, he rolled in some mud. He had to disguise his scent. He had found n abandoned Twoleg den that had a hole on the side. Inside were a small group of roses. This was his special place. No one, not even Bumblestripe, knew about this area. He picked the biggest rose he could find, and trotted back to camp. He could see Rosepetal's tail sticking out the warrior's den. He walked in. "Hey, Rosepetal?" The cream sh-cat woke up slowly. "Yes?" She asked. Foxleap dropped the rose at her paws. The she-cat gasped in awe. "It's beautiful!", she exclaimed. Foxleap knew it was time. "I've been meaning to tell you many times now, but I always got interrupted. So, I will now. Rosepetal, I lov-" Suddenly, there was rustling at the entrance of the warrior's den. It wad Dovewing, the newly made warrior. "Hey Foxleap, Brambleclaw wants you on the afternoon patrol." Foxleap felt like yelling, so that's what he did. "Oh, for StarClan's sake!" He half- roared and half- hissed it out. All the cats stopped dead in their tracks. "Look, I was trying to say, I lov-" A cry sounded. "WindClan is attacking!" The cats were fighting in the clearing. Rosepetal stood up. "Sorry, Foxleap, tell me later." The russet warrior felt like a rock had fallen on him. He wad so close to confessing, and he got interrupted, TWICE. He gritted his teeth and fought.