Chapter 8: WE WILL NOT ABANDONED PORKBELLY!

~____'s p.o.v~

The stark smell of bleach was overwhelming.  I scrunched my eyes at the bright light that was sipping through my closed eyelids.  I felt powerless and heavy. I could not move my hand, my head or my body.

I slowly started blinking, desperately trying to open my eyes and see what’s around me. Where am I? As blinding light slowly subsided I could take a look around my surroundings. I was at the hospital.

The room was pristine clean and gloomy. Typical hospital bed, IV and monitors beeping. The walls were a sickly green color and the linens were grayish. The place looked nothing like a room where a patient should be motivated to get better. If anything the murky room was making me even more nauseous.

I could not remember how I got here but I knew for sure that I wanted out as soon as possible. Preferably right now.

The door to the Hospital room burst open but my sight was still blurry.

I focused hard till I could see who it was.

"Joh...nny..." I was able to say with a cracking voice you could barley make out.

Johnny walked up to me hugging me softly.  It felt so nice having him close to me. More people came in.

Mr. Black: ____ YOU'RE AWAKE WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!

Mr. White: ____ YOU'RE AWAKE WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!

General: Don't you ever scare us like that again!

Dark vegan: Yeah, We thought we lost you!

Susan and Mary: _____ We are so glad you're ok!

Mr and Mrs Test: Thank goodness you're okay ____ we were very worried.

Gil burst into the room with Tears filling his eyes.

Gil: ____, I...DON'T YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I was so scared and worried! I don't know what I would have done if you left me...

He hugged me tightly not letting go. I hugged him back responding to him.
Still with a cracking voice.

"You idiot, if you didn't have me you would probably have starved to death."

We started giggling.

Then I remembered.

"Hey Gil, where's mom?"

"Um...well _____. Mom went on a business trip a few days ago..."

"O-oh..."

I layed back down trying not to cry.
I can't believe she would still go a trip knowing that her one and only daughter could have died. What a nice mother. Hmph!

A few hours later everyone left including Gil I think Susan, Mary and him fell asleep in Johnny's hospital room.

Speaking of Johnny he just walked into my hospital room.

"Hey Johnny."

"Hi."

There was an uncomfortable silence for around 10 minutes.

"U-um so John-"

"What we're you gonna say to me before we found out about the bomb?"

"You remember that huh?"

"Yes and I've been dying to know what you were gonna say."

"Well Johnny I was gonna say I lo-"

"Hello everyone."

The general walked in right before I said it.

Hmph I missed another chance to tell him. After the general left Johnny had to leave too.

~ One month later ~

We were finally out of that boring hospital! I walked back to Porkbelly since I got a note on my hotel door saying meet us at Porkbelly.

I skateboarder all the way to Porkbelly.

"What's going on here?"
I asked with a reply from A random person.

"We are saying goodbye for good."

"What!"
I freaked out when that man said it. I have to do something! I don't want to leave my home!

I ran in front of everybody grabbing the megaphone off the mayor.

"PEOPLE OF PORKBELLY! We can not abandon our home!  We can not give up on it that easily!It is a struggle. Life will through curveballs at you, it will humble you, it will attempt to break you down. And just when you think things are starting to look up, life will smack you back down with ruthless indifference. The reason most people never achieve their dreams is because they simply give up. Life was never meant to be easy – its a constant struggle, with extreme lows and extreme highs. Remember that the times when its most important to persevere are the times that you will be most tested."

Man I hope my speech was helpful in saving our town.

Everyone started clapping and cheering! Random people started yelling and shouting.

"LET'S REBUILD OUR HOME!"

"LET'S MAKE IT BETTER THANK BEFORE!"

"LET'S MAKE THIS RUBBLE A HOME AGAIN!"

I was so happy people don't wanna leave home!  Johnny walked up to me placing him hand on my shoulder.

"That was a good speech ____."

"Thank you Johnny."

The mayor took the megaphone back and shooed me and Johnny away.

"Ahem, We shall begin tidying up the town tomarrow at 06:00."

(6:30 am for yous who don't do military time)

I glanced over at Mr. Test...

His eyes were sparkling he looked so so excited.

I can't wait to see how fast he cleans. It will be very exciting haha.

~Johnny's p.o.v~

*sigh* I need to know what ____ was going to say to me at the dance that day.

We need to stop getting interrupted. Maybe I should bring it up now.

No...I don't want to seem too desperate!

Plus I already confessed to her...

Maybe tomarrow while we are cleaning he town I could ask her. Yeah I'll do that. There its settled.

After I finished my little mind chat the mayor spoke before we all left.

"Tomarrow be here at 05:40 Sharpe.  I will be picking partners."

Oh great partners now? Now I have like a 1% chance I'll be hooked up with _____. Why would the mayor do this. I want to be with ____ then again...I'm not a morning person.

I don't think I ever will be a morning person.

Finally the mayor dismissed the town. No its time to get some food then go to bed we have a long day ahead of us tomarrow.