An evening to remember (13)

Travis's pov:

"No way, she actually hit you in the face with a football?"
"Yeah, she did. It was years before I called her a potato again".
I didn't know how long we'd been walking for, but all I knew was that Zane and I have been talking for what seemed like forever. It was great.

At the moment we were just talking about our time in high school. I knew we both went to the same one, but him and I never actually noticed or talked to each other back then. It's strange to think how I'd known him for this long, yet even years later this is the only actual conversation I'd ever had with him.

"Hehe, yeah. She was pretty fierce back then. She would seem really soft and gentle to everyone else, then someone would make her mad and she would absolutely lose it." I chuckled.
"If I had known that before I would have watched what I said to her more". He paused for a second, then spoke up once more. "Speaking of which, it was around that time my brothers and I found out something strange".

I gave him a confused look. "Hmm? What was it?"

"Well, around the time Garroth, Vlyad and I were about toddlers, there was this girl we used to play with who was around our age. However, she moved away. Then when we were all in high school, our mom told us that Aphmau was the girl."
"Woah, really?!" I asked astonished.
"Yeah" Zane replied.
"I can't believe you and your brothers have actually known her for that long. That's over twenty five years! And here I thought I was her first friend, besides Aaron of course."
He chuckled. "I guess it is pretty weird once you think about it".

As we continued talking and walking,I noticed we were far from mystreet at this point. That meant we were getting close.

After a few more minutes, we finally reached the destination. "Wait, the cinema? This was the 'magical' place you were talking about?" He asked me.
"Haha, no of course not. We're just going here first. Besides, the cinema can be pretty 'magical' in it's own way." Zane scoffed at me before we made our way though the cinema doors.

It was a lot larger on the inside. Zane and I made our way to one of the queues , where surprisingly there wasn't much people. I expected it to be a lot more packed, so I guess I got lucky today.

"So what movie are we going to watch?" He asked me. I thought for a moment before answering. "How about you decide? There seem to be a few popular movies out like legend of Irene, Dreams of Estorra, or Phoenix drop high' ". After I said that he looked at me slightly surprised. Crap, should I have booked a movie beforehand instead?

"Oh, well how about we watch...legend of Irene. Phoenix drop high seems more like another rom com anyway". I felt relieved. For a moment there I was afraid he would think I was tardy for not planning it ahead. "Yeah, sure, come on the lines over there".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting the tickets, Zane and I headed for our screen room, then searched for our seats. The adverts had only just finished, so we got there at the perfect time.

We kept a bucket of sweet and salty popcorn in between us. I kind of hoped that maybe at one point when we would both reach for the popcorn, our hands would meet, maybe even just slightly brush against each other. Unfortunately, that didn't happen even once.

At that point we were already over half way through the movie. I glanced over at Zane. Even though it was dark, the glow from the screen helped me to see a slight silhouette of him. He was glued to it. It was as if he was a child being taken to a candy store. Silently, I slightly chuckled. Who would have thought he could enjoy something this much?

The movie had finally finished, so Zane and I left the cinema. "I called it! I knew jess was Irene, it just seemed too obvious". Zane continued to rant on about the movie. He seemed to enjoy talking about it, so I just silently listened, while pitching in when needed.