Chapter six

I am so sorry for not updating for months. I got really distracted by other things that I have been writing and competing in and totally forgot about The Echo. But alas, since school starts back on Tuesday I have written a few more chapters.

Once again, sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Echo’s Pov*

The shadows shrouded me in darkness as I ran along the street making sure to keep close to the fence. Every time I heard the sound of a siren in the distance I could feel myself freeze up before I would push myself even harder. Sprinting was wearing me out but I couldn’t go slower in fear of being caught.

Turning the corner I came to a halt. A police car was sitting out the front of my hotel and there would most likely be more FEDs inside scoping my room. I scanned over them trying to find the tinniest ounce of detail that would reveal to me how many people were currently scouting for me. I stood silently for minutes on end before giving up. How many there were I wouldn’t know, they were giving nothing away.

Sighing, I turned and headed back the way I had come only to head towards the FEDs office as a last minute decision. By chance I should be able to scope out their playing grounds and work out how many people they had keeping tabs on my hotel.

I punched the desk in annoyance only to let out a stifled scream of pain. I grabbed my throbbing hand as I switched to silently screaming, it hurt beyond words.

‘Hands up,’ a man said with a chuckle.

I swivelled around in surprise full well ready to run to the nearest exit and forget everything that I was looking for. The man stood meters from me knowing I would run the moment he did something to spook me. He didn’t look very threatening but I knew best of all that looks could be deceiving. He fiddled with his brown rimmed spectacles as his other hand tapped against his leg constantly. 

‘Ashya I’m here to relay a message,’ he said.

‘And who would this message be from?’ I asked.

He smiled, ‘Someone of importance to you.’

I waited for him to elaborate but after a minute knew he wouldn’t so I gestured for him to continue as I slightly relaxed.

‘The Chevron and your tool kit are safe. All things of importance that you would not want the FEDs getting their hands on have been removed from your hotel room and to a protected location. Please know that you can collect them at any time you deem necessary.’ He handed me a white card and a key before turning and leaving.

        “21 Belfast storage units

        Area 9

        Door 15”

I smirked happily knowing that I wouldn’t have to worry about my hotel room any longer. Dad had probably got one of his contacts to make the drop for him even though Neal would kill him if he found that my dad was helping.

It had been days since I had last seen Jasper and my current living quarters weren’t exactly comfortable. Sleeping in an old abandoned building was not doing wonders for my back. The make shift bed did not keep out the cold and hardness of the cement flooring.

Sighing I climbed to my feet dumping the empty Chinese takeout container in the discarded food pile. It had grown slowly over the last seventy hours or so but I wasn’t worried about that. I was far more worried about the smell and the rats it would attract.