"No, it's yours, but you weren't planning on telling him! What the fuck is wrong with you?! You can't go there! Not if you really meant that you were leaving this whole mate thing to be ignored. It will be too freaking much for you. It will kill you both!"

"I know what I'm doing" I said though as I said it I knew it was a lie. How the hell was I to survive living with him?

"Or..." he trailed off his eyes turning to mine a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Or you changed your mind?" He questioned with his eyebrow raised.

"Are you nuts?!" I exclaimed and started walking, heading straight for the outdoors.

"Why the hell would I have changed my mind? I am not nor will I ever be his mate! Do you get that!?" I yelled, this time it was my arms that were gesturing all over the place and I felt heat run to my face, my cheeks turning bright red.

Shane sighed, "Skye, you are his mate, both you and I know it and there is nothing you can do about that. It's just a question of how you are going to let it affect you... And if you are certain that you do not want to tie those bonds, then you should stay as far away as possible from him. Not go living under the same roof as him. You'll drive each other insane." He spoke truthfully, his eyes softening.

"Maybe you should give in?" He asked slowly and placed a hand on my cheek slowly rubbing his thumb over it in comfort.

"I can't give in," I said silently my gaze dropping to his chest as I couldn't bear to look into my brother's eyes.

"Why not?" He bend in his knees to get to my eye level though I still avoided his gaze.

"I can't tell you..."

"Why?"

I briefly glanced at him, his eyes soft and concerned. I really wanted to tell him, but could I?

I sighed biting my bottom lip.

"It's just. Whatever this threat is. It's something we have to get rid of. I can feel it in my bones and I cannot have my focus elsewhere. I need to be focussed, Shane."

"And we will, but you staying with Lucas Argent is not going to make you focussed."

"I have to try, Shane. I have to try. For the sake of our pack." I breathed heavily and felt my eyes water. Shane took me in his arms and I hid my head in the crook of his neck comforted by his familiar scent. It always made me feel better.

"Just promise me to come home if anything gets out of hand, okay?" he said and I felt his chest rumble by his words and I nodded in response afraid my words would fail me.

"I just don't see why it has to be you? It could be anyone really

"I just don't see why it has to be you? It could be anyone really." Riley muttered for the hundredth time and once again I rolled my eyes. Chase came to my rescue and slapped him in the back of the head.