The talk

Rekha's POV:

After drowning myself in self pity for two weeks, I decided to move on. I went back to the place I am staying with Brinda .

" where the hell you have been?" Narmada shouted at me as soon as I entered the house.

Before I could come up with an excuse, her hand made contact with my cheek. Did she just slapped me? Then she hugged me. When she pulled away , I could see tears threatening to come out on her eyes.

" Narmada, What happ .." I was stopped by her mom placing a laddoo in my mouth.

" Rekha, one happy news. Your friend is getting married. She finally agreed." Aunty said happily.

What???

I was shell shocked by her revelations. I looked at Narmada expecting it to be a lie or joke, but no. She suddenly finds the plain white ceiling interesting. Her expression hurriedly changed to one of concern.
Brinda mouthed "it's Shiva."
Great. Just great. I have been away for only three weeks, things have changed upside down.
Anna! Oh god!
He might've known. Poor him. He must be devastated. I need to see him.
How could you do this,Narmada?
" Why do you agree to marry him? He's not right for you." I asked Narmada after aunty went down.
" Now you're asking me. I tried calling you mny a times whwn I desperately needed you. But you didn't even bother. Now , you're asking me as if you're worried about me. Atleast he was there for me ." She spat angrily and went down.
After Narmada and her mom left, Brinda told me what all happened in my absence.

Shiva, that cunning fox.

oh no! It was my idea. I am so gone if Narmada get to know that it was I who suggested her mom to do that. It backfired significantly. I ruined my brother's love.

Udhay's POV:

Tears welled up in my eyes and I fought to keep them back. I couldn't understand why Narmada didn't like me.My heart completely shattered after hearing the news of Narmada and Shiva engagement .

Narmada and I are walking hand in hand. She is staring at me with pure love in her eyes, a smile playing on her lips as I brushed a strand of her blonde hair away from her face. " I love you, Narmada ."
She blushed a soft shade of pink before whispering, "I love you too,Udhay." She stroked my cheek with her soft fingers and planted a soft kiss on my lips, one that sent tingles throughout my entire body.

" She stroked my cheek with her soft fingers and planted a soft kiss on my lips, one that sent tingles throughout my entire body

My dream was interrupted by the sound of a door opening and heavy footsteps trudging into the living room.

Rekha. She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. sadness? why is she sad? for what? I am not sure. She left without even informing me. But I don't want to face her at the moment.

" anna, I am sorry." She mumbled.

" sometimes sorry doesn't set everything right,Rekha." I crossed my arms and looked at her.