( twelve )

i have annoying cousins lmao
way to ruin my
chinese new year !!!!!

anyway, here's another
chapter for y'all 💝

-------------

when jihoon stepped into the conference room at the 16th floor of pledis building, it was unexpectedly empty and silent, so awfully silent that you could literally hear ants walking on the floor (if there were even any because the place was totally sparkling clean).

well, he was early. not just a normal five minutes early, though, he was 30 minutes early and yes, no one has arrived at the designated venue yet.

and so, jihoon had to sit down gingerly at a seat furthest away from the main seat, and he instantly tried to take a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

"yes lee jihoon, breathe in, breathe out. that's right you can do it, it's all going to be fine. yes it's all fine." he mummered in a hushed tone, perspiration trickling down his smooth forehead.

as the hands of the clock ticked by, seconds turned into minutes and more people, or rather potential future group mates, streamed into the huge, clean room.

jihoon could recognise a few faces he had seen at the audition almost two months ago.

(( a/n: lets just all pretend that they are in the mansae era even though they haven't debuted because i feel that this is the era where their features are really prominent, like you can identify them just by describing their hair colour in this era 😭❤️ ))

there was a male with sleek blue-greyish hair who walked with confidence in his stride, a guy with an adorable eye smile and always the same infectious smile. also, there was this guy who looks way younger than all of them and has this weird hairdo, resembling a duck.

even though the last guy he recognised was kind of amusing and peculiar in jihoon's perspective, he still managed to stifle a laugh and tried to maintain his professionalism and seriousness.

finally, after about a good ten minutes, most of the people were present and jihoon counted, there were about 12 young lads (including himself) alongside with the other big shots and bosses from pledis entertainment itself. jihoon also spotted mr kim, the producer who recommended him to take part in the audition, sitting diagonally opposite him. after making eye contact with jihoon, he too gave a soft smile and continued with his sternness as they were in front of all the new trainees.

" a warm welcome, and good morning to all of you, the new blood of our company, pledis entertainment!! "

the authoritative voice of the chairman rang across the enclosed area, dismissing all hints of sleepiness from the newbies, who were all generally lacking far behind in experience.

all the young trainees immediately perked up and widened their tired eyes in focus, in fear of not paying attention to the important information he was about to share.

"it is indeed our pleasure to have all of you here today with us on this joyous day, and we certainly look forward to spending the next few years with you, depending on your contract, of course," the chairman continued, speaking with pure zest and energy in his voice, just like his energetic appearance.

jihoon sighed inwardly, instantly feeling a little inferior as compared to the other guys seated at the long table, just like him.

they are all so good looking and talented, what am i compared to them?

the chairman continued to ramble on about the importance of image, and also the basic rules of being a trainee / an idol.

just as he was continuing on the part whereby he shares his own experience of being a trainee last time, the door was suddenly being swung open with a great amount of force.

"I'M SORRY I'M LATE I AM SO SO SORRY PLEASE ACCEPT MY DEEPEST HEARTFELT APOLOGIES!!!"

a loud, distinct voice boomed across the room, startling not just the big shots from pledis, but also the trainees, who were still in the midst of trying their best to absorb whatever that chairman have just exposed to them in the short fifteen minutes.

instinctively, all heads swivelled to face the source of disruption, and to say that jihoon was shocked was indefinitely an understatement.

soonyoung?
what is he doing here?

-------------

hey guys 😋

it's the eve of chinese new year in my country so to all my readers and friends who are celebrating, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YALL 💓

you guys better go and
eat all the bak kuas and
pineapple tarts for me okay !!

HEHEH meanwhile have
lotsa fun collecting dem angbaos 😉 *wiggles eyebrows*

thanku so much for reading again.
i'll honestly try to update as soon as possible when i have my resources HAHA enjoy while i can TT

next chapter coming up by tonight!