Well, I'm glad someone does.

~§~

"Cara?" I'm trying to figure out what to do with Wolfgang when Mya appears out of nowhere and sits at the table I'm next to outside Jitters.

"Hey Mya. How are you?" I try to sound as excited to see her as I can, but it's super hard when I'm really not in the mood. I don't want my first social encounter in three days to be a dull blond that I only became friends with to work faster.

Oh god, I was using her so much and I didn't even realise. I'm a horrible person.

"I'm great! I got a promotion at the library, so now I run errands for them instead of being stuck behind a reception desk all day." Mya tells me excitedly. It sounds more like a demotion to me, but I won't ruin her good mood.

"Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations." I smile. She grins happily and pats Wolfgang.

"Have you ordered yet or can I join you?" She asks.

"Uh, I was actually on my way to see a friend but I needed coffee and Wolfgang isn't allowed inside so I was about to leave." I say apologetically. She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Your partner-in-crime is here to help." She says happily. I don't understand why she did the eyebrow thing. "I'll watch your baby and you go get your coffee."

"Oh." I'm completely surprised by the offer. "Thanks, I guess."

"No problem." She shrugs. "He's adorable and I'd watch him for you any day." I smile gratefully as I put Wolfgang on the ground in front of Mya and tell him to stay with her.

As I wheel myself towards the entry to Jitters, I feel a gust of wind and suddenly Barry's holding the door open for me with a happy grin on his face.

"Morning Cara." He chirps. His smile is so contagious that I can't stop one from forming on my face as well.

"Morning. You're in a good mood." I point out. We head inside together, and both of us see Iris there immediately. I glance at Barry and notice the dreamy look on his happy face.

Oh, I know what's happening.

This is the start of episode eight, where Rainbow Raider "whammies" Barry and Team Arrow are in town looking into Captain Boomerang.

I think in the show he's in his suit for this moment, but I guess Robin was right when it said that people aren't scripted here. The rest of the episode looks the same so far though. I've got the introduction memorised:

Everyone on this planet, at some point in their lives, has had a major case of the feels. Those days when your heart is just too small to hold the big things you're feeling. Today's one of those days. We think of our emotions like they're these unique personal phenomena, that no one has ever felt what we have felt. There is a basis in science for every emotion we feel; anger, love. As a scientist, I know there's nothing magical about what makes us feel something for someone else, but then I see her smile... Man, that cannot be science.

And when I see his smile, I want to melt into a puddle of nothing because I know that he'll never look at me that way.

Yes, I've realised over the last few days that I like Barry Allen. As in really, really like him. I guess I originally thought it was just me fangirling over the ability to talk to my favourite character of my favourite TV show, but ever since he winked at me, I've known better.