Chapter Twelve

November Smith

"You're such an ass." I stood up off of Michael's living room sofa, and started my way towards the front door.

"What? Where are you going?" He asked, following me.

"I'm leaving."

Just as I twisted the doorknob, I felt a hand on my elbow. Rolling my eyes, I turned and faced him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"No, please." He removed his hand from me, and looked straight into my eyes. "Please?"

"Why should I? All you do is point out all of my flaws, and it bothers the fuck out of me, Michael! Do you seriously find joy in critisizing people?" I asked. Noticing how close we were in proximity, I took a step back, my back hitting his front door.

"Honestly-" He was cut off by someone screaming.

"Are you kidding me?!" His mothers voice rang out from another room.

Michael and I shared a worried glance, before rushing to the room that her voice came from. We ended up in her office, which had papers scattered everywhere. Julienne sat in her office chair, her hair sticking out in random places, as she let out a frustrated sigh.

"Uh oh," Michael muttered. "You might want to back up."

"Wh-?"

"Just do it." He backed up, grabbing my arm and yanking me back with him. Next thing we knew, a stapler went flying across the room. It hit a bookshelf, chipping the wood and knocking down a few books as well. Julienne began mumbling incoherent words to herself as she forcefully scribbled down words onto paper.

"Mom," Michael took a step towards her.

She looked up at him, a vicious glare on her face. "What?" She snapped.

"Calm down," he now stood beside her, rubbing her back. "What's up?"

"What's up?" She hissed. "What's up? You wanna know what's up? That stupid asshole of a weatherman just had to make it rain tomorrow! Who the hell does that?"

"Mom, you do know that the weatherman can't make it-" He tried explaining to her.

"Yeah, yeah." She waved him off. "Whatever."

"Why don't we just postpone the wedding until later tomorrow night?" I suggested, daring to speak.

She glanced up at me for a split second, before she started oraganizing her paperwork. "Not going to happen. Over two hundred invitations were sent out, it just - it wouldn't work."

"C'mon, mom. She's right. We could get some tents and twinkly lights, and everything will be just fine." He tried reasoning with her.

She scoffed, turning to him. "Who are you and what have you done with my son? That's a great idea!"

Michael winked at me, causing me to discreetly give him the finger.

"Okay, children. Leave. I need to get all of this sorted out. Wow this is going to be a lot of phone calls." We began to leave her office, when she stopped us. "Wait. November what are you doing here? Are your vows done already?"

I began to play with my fingers, as I nervously muttered back to her. "No." She raised an eyebrow. "But I kind of needed inspiration." I pointed to Michael, making sure that she saw it. "And I have a great idea already." I grinned.