Chap. 4

“Will you come with me?” Connor asked.

“That depends,” I said, taking a bite of my lunch.

“On what?”

“Who’s going to be there?”

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. “Why does it matter who’s going to be there? I need someone to go with me, and I’m imploring my dearest sister to come.”

I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Okay, yes, Skyline will be there,” he conceded. “But more importantly I will be there.”

“I’m not going.”

“Please?” Connor begged, shamelessly. “Katelyn, please? I wouldn’t ask you if I didn’t absolutely need you.”

I shifted in my seat, running my fingers through my hair.

“Please?” he asked, widening his eyes.

“I hate you,” I clarified.

“Thank you!” he exclaimed, throwing his arms around me and throwing me off-balance, causing the two of us to crash to the floor.

“Ow,” I groaned.

“Sorry,” he apologized, standing up and helping me up.

I rubbed my tailbone, glaring at him.

“I really appreciate this.”

“You made that clear.”

“We leave in 2 hours.”

“Well I have to run to my apartment and get ready, so come pick me up.”

He nodded in agreement.

I grabbed my keys, shooting him one last glare before heading back to my apartment.

“Movie night?” Jenica asked, as I came in. “We can pig out and watch sappy movies.”

“I can’t,” I said, tossing my keys on the counter. “Connor guilted me into going to a Hollywood thing.”

She let out a frustrated sigh. “Stupid Hollywood.”

“Agreed.”

I went back to my room and took a shower before setting to getting ready.

I found a black dress I’d bought the other day and paired with a pair of gold sandals. I ran a straightener through my hair and put on some makeup, making sure to accentuate my eyes. I clasped my monogrammed necklace around my neck before rejoining Jenica.

“You look so cute,” she gushed. “Break hearts tonight.”

I rolled my eyes, crossing my right leg over my left and watching some TV with her while we waited for Connor.

He left himself into the apartment with his key once he got here, and smushed himself in-between us on the couch.

“Hello?” I said, with a laugh.

“Hello ladies,” he said, putting his arms around both of our shoulders.

Jenica scoffed.

“What?” Connor asked, innocently.

“Trying to play nice with me after asking Katelyn to a Hollywood party and leaving me here alone?” she asked, feigning hurt. “Get lost.”

Connor chuckled. “I’ll take you to the next Hollywood A-List party Jenners, promise.”

She rolled her eyes. “Don’t call me that, that’s a stupid pet name.”

“Alright lovebirds,” I said, standing up. “Flirt on your own time.”