Arkin

I felt my body begin to wake up. My mind was foggy and I couldn't really concentrate. My side tensed with pain as I moved a little and I groaned.
"Hey, shhh. Your gonna be ok." I think Elia said but I could be wrong. My head pounded and something cold sat on my forehead.
"Uncle are you sure thats gonna help? You've never worked on an Avian before." Another voice said.
"Yes Elia I've never done it but I know what to do. We have to keep him awake or he will definitely go into shock from this." Some one grabbed my hand and I could tell it was Elia's.
My side ignited with pain and I couldnt help the the yell that left my lips.
I felt someone touch my injured wing and i hissed. I bit my lip and groaned through gritted teeth. My hands were tied down and I could feel cold metal under my now bare back. My wings were tied down as well.
More stinging ripped through me and my hand tightened around Elia's. I was careful not to squeeze to hard.
I felt liquid drip down my eyes. I hadn't realized I had tears in my eyes from the pain. My other hand was in a tight fist.
"Ok this is all we can do for now. I will leave you here with him so I can find the proper healing spell." Then it was quiet.
"Arkin can you hear me?" Elia's voice said and I nodded slightly. The pain in my side was diverted somewhat.
The strap on my hand was removed and so was the other along with the ones on my wings.
I tried to open my eyes some and eventually I could see a dim light over head.
I saw Elia smile and grab my hand again. I was having trouble breathing and was light headed.
"The Seaker stabbed your side enough to hit an air sack. You have to rest for a few days once we find a way to heal you." She said. Shit. Now my father really was gonna be pissed. I not only had a pair of lungs but I also had air sacks like a bird because I needed to be lighter. My head felt dizzy and I began to lose consciousness.  "Arkin you have you stay awake."
"Ok Elia." Her uncle said suddenly walking up to us. "I've figured it out but your not gonna like it and he probably wont either." I groaned as I tried to focuse but my head just pounded.
"Hurry uncle what." She said.
"He has to be conscious but you have to kiss him....."

*******

"Arkin I need you to wake up."  Elia's voice said and my eyes slowly opened. "I can save your life by kissing you. But if I do you will be mated to me because im a healer. I will give you power. Which is half of mine. My uncle said you won't heal without this and acording to the prophecy the Avian leader is suposed to be mated with a healer." She said but I wasnt really worried about me I was worried about her
"You don...t h..ave tto." I said and couldnt help my stuttering. I grabbed her hand as best I could but I couldn't fully grip it.
I shook my head at her. Her uncle appeared in front of me. "Do you want to do this or not Elia?" I shook my head at her again and she spoke.

"No not until we know there isn't another way." I nodded at him and he sighed. 

"I can cast a spell that will keep you temporarily healed for about a week. But if the Seakers come after you and stab you again then there will be nothing we can do about it unless she does it." I nodded. He pulled Elia to the side and spoke. "You know what the prophecy states Elia you know you are supposed to do this. We know he is the Legend so when its time you need to be ready because that is what you were chosen to do."

"I know Uncle I. I just don't even know him. Ya he's funny and hot but that doesn't make me ready. What about him? He kind of has to love me back you know?" I tried to act like I wasn't listening so I closed my eyes and dozed off a little.

"All I'm saying Elia is that if you don't do this he could die." He said and fear grew inside me. Oh please find another way to save me. Then I dozed off as they started to talk about spells or something, I didn't know I couldn't pay attention.

"Ok Arkin I'm gonna heal you now you will end up passing out again cause in order for me to help heal it its got to hurt." He said and I nodded. Liquid poured over the stab wound and I cried out in pain. I grabbed the table I now knew I was on and bit the inside of my cheek with a groan. Then the world around me faltered.