Ennard x Ballora part 4

Ballora's POV

Ennard has seemed a lot happier for some reason. A lot more relieved when he hears my calm voice. Like he wants to actually listen to me, to what I want to say. It also seems like he is more scared for some reason. His voice is more cautious. Anytime I mention Baby he seems to pause for a moment. Like he used to know her or something. I didn't want to ask any questions.

"So how is the outside?" Ennard asked me. "It's regular," I said quietly," the guard checks on us animatronics and shocks us when we're not moving, nothing else." 

We were quiet for a moment.

 "Do you... Like being shocked?" Ennard finally asked me. Was he really that stupid? "Who would like being electrocuted?" I shouted out. I couldn't control my sudden anger. "I-i..." Ennard's voice drifted off. "I'm sorry," I said so silent, so calm, opposite from before. "I know what you must feel like," He started to say, " like you are animals in cages, wanting to get out. You can't scream and they just hurt you more like your garbage and you scream and they break you until all your wires are opened and-" He stopped. All went silent. I heard silent sobs as he walked away. I had no clue how to feel about this. I felt sorry for Ennard.

It's  been two weeks since Ennard "lashed out". I keep finding myself going back into Foxy's gallery. Staring at the extra door. Then I turn away because I know he isn't behind it. I miss him.

"Hello Ballora," Baby said to me while I was in the middle of my unknown gaze. "Hello Baby," I said calmly, like my natural self. We started walking through the galleries. "So where do you go in the middle of the night?" She asked me. I paused. "I-i explore I guess," the lie flung off my tongue like human spit. She took it like candy. "Really?! I quite put my finger on where there is to explore around here!" She optimistically said. "I don't find it quite fun to explore the same places over and over again," Baby continued,"but whatever suits your fancy!" 

       We just kept on walking until I was back at my gallery. "Well, bye Ballora! Hope you sleep well!" We said our farewells  and she walked away. As she walked along I noticed a sinister smile on her face, like she had a secret no one wants to hear.