The Tryouts

"Elsie how would you like to tryout for dance team." My mom said to me one day. On the outside I looked calm, some may even say excited. The inside was the opposite. In my head I was screaming like my life depended on it! Thoughts raced through my head.
"Sure mom, sounds cool." What did I just get myself into?
Growing up I had heard about Dance Team and thought it looked fun, but me doing it? It all seemed so unreal. I was feeling uncertain since I knew that everyone else that would be at the tryouts would have been dancing since they were four and I only took a two week cheer lesson, but I did it anyway.
At the tryout, the coaches taught everyone leaps, jumps, turns, and more! I stumbled and fell behind the music. I probably wouldn't make the team but I found out I really enjoyed dancing. I knew I couldn't quite.
After two days of learning the routine everyone trying out was mostly ready. We were called in groups of three to come in front of the coaches and perform the routine. I was still nervous since I didn't completely have the routine memorized. I missed move after move, turning the wrong way and bumping into other people. It was harder than I anticipated and I wasn't very flexible so I didn't do great at our skills test which consisted of splits, leaps, and new jumps I didn't even know the name of. It was ridiculous!
I later found out I hadn't made the team.
"I'm sorry Elsie. I know you really enjoyed dance." My mom tried to comfort me as we drove home after the last night of tryouts.
"Mom, I'm fine. I can join a dance class to improve my skills and tryout again next year."
The next morning I noticed that my mom didn't believe that what I'd said was true. She had wrote inspirational quotes all over the house! I didn't have to look at the quotes. I knew that I loved to dance, and I couldn't give up just because of one little setback. Dance was my passion and I was going to pursue it!
Hope you enjoyed my story! Let me know in the comments if you want me to continue my story. P. S. this is a TRUE story of my dance team tryout