Value of Life

Did you guys ask for sad and dull fanfic? No.
But I'm giving it to you anyway!
This idea was thanks to @Alderheart who gave me an idea that I should write a part explaining why Arthur cheated in the last part! So this is exactly that and is somewhat of a prequel. So thank you very much for the idea! c:
This is quite depressing honestly, so please read with caution and hopefully you'll never do any of these in your life! Also it's left slightly ambiguous but it's still obvious what is happening or so I would hope.
I literally just wrote this over the past couple of days so please excuse the typos --;

This is important, when there is ~~~ it means there is a passage of time, how long isn't always specified and is left for the reader to imagine.

---

-About a year before (F/N)'s death-

The rain pitter-pattered against the window and the dull light of the moon gave the room a blue glow. Arthur was lying in bed, still awake and thinking; his dear girlfriend, (F/N), was snuggled against his chest asleep, her breathing soft and quiet. Arthur gazed at the girl and stroked her hair out of the way of her face. It was almost their anniversary of when they started dating and Arthur wanted to buy (F/N) something special this year. He had something in mind, something expensive and surely he'd have no time to save up, he'd have to borrow some money from someone. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes, wrapping his arms tighter around (F/N) and gradually falling asleep.

~~~

"Hey Iggy!" The loud voice of Alfred made Arthur pull the phone away from his ear and he almost wished he hadn't called at all; deciding it was now safe, he put the phone close to his ear again. "Why are you calling? You never call!" He laughed and Arthur resisted letting out a sigh.

"Yes, hello Alfred," he began, "I-I wanted to ask a favour." He waited for the surprised answer from the American over the phone. Arthur rarely, or even never, asked for favours. He liked to do things by himself and never accepted help, let alone ask for it.

"Hm? Since when do you ever ask for help?" Alfred laughed. "From what I remember Iggy Brows here never asked for help." Arthur gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"Look, it was just a question." The other side of the phone was silent for a while before Alfred laughed again lightly.

"I guess it must be serious this time, you didn't even correct me when I called you Iggy Brows," Alfred hummed. "So, what do you need?" Arthur sighed in slight relief and annoyance.

"It's the anniversary of (F/N) and I in about a week and-"

"And you need dating advice!" Alfred interjected.

"Shut up! Let me finish!" Arthur shouted and rubbed his forehead in attempt to soothe the headache he was starting to get. "I want to buy her a present but it's really expensive and I need to borrow money." There was silence for a couple of seconds before Alfred sighed loudly.

"Sorry dude! I spent all my money on hamburgers and video games for the next few weeks!" Alfred laughed apologetically and Arthur let out a sigh. "I'd totally lend it to you too!" He added on.

"No, it's fine, thanks anyway," Arthur sighed and was about to say goodbye before Alfred spoke again.

"Hey just borrow some money from one of those loan shark people, you'll be able to pay them back," Alfred finished.