Chapter Four - You Blew It... Again

Adrienne's POV

After my thirty minute shower, the struggle of curling my hair and finally finding a cute outfit, I settled on a white halter top and black skinny jeans with black Christian Louboutins. 

Since I  finished by 6:40, I blasted some Chris Brown and sat on my bed, occasionally checking my Facebook and Twitter feed for any updates.

"Adri! Come on down, the guests are here!" I heard my mom call from downstairs. Looking at the watch on my arm, I saw that it was seven. Damn, where did the time go?

With a spritz of Dior and a dab of Yves Saint Laurent, I was ready to go downstairs and face the guests. 

Or maybe not. 

Standing in my living room stood Craig, Ray, Roc and Jacob, along with two other adults - A female and male.

"Adrienne, look at your friends!" My mom said, smiling at me. The boys awkwardly waved at me whilst my mother gushed. "Adri, say hi!"

I felt like running back into my room, but I didn't. Instead, like a deer caught in the headlights, I stood there. It was like my feet were stuck to the ground and my brain was turning into mush, because I couldn't move.

What the heck, Mom?

"Come on into the kitchen, guys," stated my father. "We got plenty to eat."

And with that, the boys I once knew took seats in my dining room. I followed behind them, but made sure to keep my distance.

"Hello, Adrienne. I'm Keisha," The lady greeted to me. She also pointed to the man. "That is Walter."

I smiled at the two and took my seat, crossing my hands in my lap and stared blankly around.

The boys grew up pretty fine. Jacob rocked a red Polo and blue jeans. His hair was extra gelled and his shoes, I couldn't lie, were on point. In fact, the rest of the boys wore a outfit similar to his. They really were a group.

"Hi, Adri. How—" Craig began, but I cut him off.

"I go by Adrienne."

"Okay... How have you been?" He continued.

"I've been better."

Not wanting to go into any further detail, I picked at the plate of food my mother so generously made for me. Yeah, maybe the tension was thick and could be cut by a butter knife, but I didn't care.

"I go by Prodigy by the way. Trey goes by Roc, Ray Ray is still the same and Jacob is now Princeton or Prince by the way." Craig, who now goes by Prodigy, informed me.

Did it look like I gave a fuck? I don't think so!

I gave him a simple nod and played with my food once again.

This dinner is a waste of my time!

"Keisha and Walter, would you guys like to walk around the house. I could show you a few things." My dad stated, sensing the tension at the table. I practically glared at him as he spoke. What was he trying to do?

"That would be nice!" Walter answered.

"Plus, you can give me the recipe to this delicious meal you made, Mrs. Williams." Keisha added on.

"Let's get going!" My mom said. The four adults stood up to leave.

They can't be serious right now.

"Well, I've got homework to do, so I guess I'll just head up to my room," I spoke quickly, about to leave the room. "I guess we'll see each other another tim—"

"No, you are going to stay here and keep your friends company." My dad ordered in a stern tone. He was clearly oblivious to the tiny detail that these weren't my friends anymore.

With his final words, the four walked out of the dining room, leaving me with the other four strangers in my kitchen.

I slumped back onto my chair and continued playing with my food. Nothing was going to get me to talk.

"So..." Roc said, trying to start a conversation. "What's up, Adrienne?"

I ignored Roc's idea of small talk and stared at the wall. If you were in my life for the past three years, you would know what is up, Roc. 

"So you're just gonna ignore us like that?" Roc questioned. To strike a nerve, I stood up with my plate in my hand and headed over to the sink to wash the dishes.

"Now, you're being stubborn and selfish. It's been three years. Get over it!" Prince raged.

That did it.

Dropping the plate in the sink, I then turned to glare at Prince. "I'm stubborn? Me? Stubborn? I am most definitely not!"

He stood and laughed cynically at my argument. "You must be if you are still mad about a problem that happened three years ago!"

"You have to understand that we left to pursue our career. Adrienne, you should be happy for us!" Ray said. "You were like a sister to me!''

"Then that's too damn bad." I said. With that, I stormed back up to my room.

***

Prince's POV

"And you blew it. Again." Roc said to me.

"Don't put all of this on me! I'm not the only person hurting feelings." I stated. They were putting all the blame on me. If the boys I called group mates clearly forgot, they also left to pursue their dreams, not only I. Other superstars must have done this too.

"Stop being so rude, Prince!" Prod said to me. "You may be a superstar named Princeton to the world but to everybody else, you are still Jacob Perez."

"The raging asshole," added Ray Ray. "Idiot."

I hissed in a breath, kicking back my chair and heading away from the table. "If you guys are going to sit here and give me a lecture about who I am or what I should do, then I'm out of here!" 

I chucked up the peace sign and left Adri's house.

Where to go?  Hm. I called up my boy Jaden on my cell.

"Yo, Prince! I heard you're in New York!"

"We just got in." I smirked and began walking down the sidewalk. "Aye, got any good clubs in the Big Apple?"

"Club Z is a good one," Jaden suggested. "You down?'

"I'm down."