0.4

Laughter filled the car: my laughter. Well it was more my meow's, but I was laughing all the same. That blonde woman, who I learned was Akutagawa's body guard, did not find me amusing. She picked me up in my cat form and glared at me.

"I will not hesitate to throw you out the window."

I was yanked away from the green woman- jealousy looked good on her- and set next to my kidnapper.

"You will not throw her out the window." Akutagawa stated.

I made sure Higuchi saw me wink at her before I got comfortable next to Akutagawa. She scoffed, crossed her legs, and looked out the window.

"We're going to need her for this." He explained further.

I turned back into a human, "What? I was not informed that I was doing something this time." Scrunching my nose I protested. "I'd rather be training with Chuuya now..." I childishly trailed.

"It's simple, if you mess this up you're dead. Higuchi and I will create a distraction, you will use your stealth and get the files out of the room here." He stated as we looked at a map of the building we were going to infiltrate. "Have you ever killed anyone before?" Akutagawa stared at me.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Yeah?" My voice came out small and soft.

Scanning me, he seemed deep in thought. "This might be easier than I thought."

"Senpai, you're not really trusting her this much, are you?" Higuchi asked over me.

"Are you questioning me?"

"No."

I snickered to myself. Turning back into a cat- that form hurt my back less considering the stitches didn't come with it- I awaited what was to come. As the cityscape passed by I took in the beautiful scene. Since it was the beginning of spring, there were dozens of flower buds waiting to bloom. The trees flew by as the car sped on and my stomach churned thinking about where I was. Turning back into a human I glared at Akutagawa.

"You knew."

"The Doctor saw your tattoo yesterday. She thought you were a double agent." Akutagawa shook his head, "I did my research and you've been inactive for six months. Now, you're going to pay them a visit. Which is why you're stealing the files because you know the combination."

"Ryunosuke-san, I-"

He turned his head to look at me, "Aliceina, you will do as I say. If you fail this mission: I'm going to kill you."

"All I was going to say is, I might kill again."

A devilish smirk appeared on his face, "Good." He handed me a knife, "Here. Use it against us and-"

"Die." I cut him off, "Yeah, yeah." I let myself smirk, "I've never been happier to serve the mafia."

The van came screeching to a halt and Higuchi and I ran out of the car and to opposite sides of the door as Akutagawa took his time. The blonde gunwoman shot the door knob and we ran in. Throwing the knife at the security camera; Higuchi kept me covered while I got my knife down. She gave Akutagawa the all clear and he came in. A couple of lower agents with suits and guns came in behind him as the thugs started coming in.

"Those plans are a shipment of firearms that the boss needs. Get them while we deal with these annoyingly weak thugs." Akutagawa commanded as Rashomon impaled several members of Raven's Song that came to check out Higuchi's initial gun shot.

"Right." I nodded and ran down the hallway. I headed towards Raven's office when I heard footsteps frantically coming my way. Shirking, I looked behind me.

"Aliceina... I can find you easily. Nothing has changed."

I crawled under the door that I was next to, thankfully for me it was Raven's office. Growing back to my normal size, I moved the painting and smirked to myself. That idiot never moved the safe. This is so cliché. Shaking my head, I snatched the pick up location of the firearms along with the other information pertaining to them.

"Found you." Raven stated as I crawled back out from under the door.

"Raven." I grew back to my normal size, grabbing my knife.

Scanning me, the blonde male looked disappointed. "You even look like a mafia member now." Raven took a step closer to me. "You know you always had a home with us. Port mafia doesn't want you. They're going to abuse you until you're no longer of use to them." His blue eyes tempted me to come back.

"Don't make me use it." I shook my head. "Raven, you don't understand. You never did."

He laughed, "I didn't understand. I never understood. You don't think that I understand the need that you had for love and belonging? You're still just as naïve as when," Raven pulled out a pistol, "we fucked."

"You asshole!" I growled while changing my knife into a sword.

"Pretty trick, kitten. Who taught you that one?" Raven asked as we were now both neck and neck with a weapon. "Oh wait, it was me." He smirked at me. "Dance."

I jumped up and kicked him into the wall as he began to shoot at my feet. Grabbing his wrist, we muscled each other for a little bit. My eyes lit up as Akutagawa came into view. Unfortunately when I looked over at Akutagawa, Raven saw that my guard was down. Spinning me around, he had me in a choke hold with his gun to my head.

"I'll shoot her." Raven yelled out.

"So will she." Akutagawa gestured to Higuchi. "As will they." The gestured to the three men standing behind them.

"And you?"

"I don't need a gun to kill her." Akutagawa had several extensions of the Rashomon pointed at the both of us.

My blue eyes widened. I wouldn't doubt that man for a second that he would kill me to get those plans for the boss, whose name I learned was Mori. The feeling of the metal barrel of the gun pressed against my head gave me an idea. I felt the metal shift from cold and unforgiving to light and childish.

"What?" Raven lowered the gun and I took that opportunity to break his hold.

Putting him in an arm bar, I kicked his knee dislocating it. I skillfully took the plastic toy gun out of his hand, changed it back, and pointed it at the back of his head as he screamed in agony.

"Dance." I scoffed.

My fingers pulled back on the trigger. Raven's body hunched over and went limp. Blood started to pour out from the back of his head, mixing with his blonde hair. After taking a deep breath, I turned. I handed Akutagawa the plans.

"Let's go." I stated.

Akutagawa looked at me curiously, "Very well, then." He tucked the files away in his jacket and turned, having everyone follow him out.