2.3

We ended up at the Central Park in Yokohama. It was pretty late and wet from the rain earlier in the day so no one was really over there.

"Ali." I faintly heard his voice, but a flower high up in a tree had my attention. I veered off as he said my name again. "Aliceina."

"Mm." I began to climb up it.

"You're not listening again." Akutagawa chuckled...? Did I hear that correctly? "You're a strange one. I said you're going to fall so get down."

"Yeah, okay." I said while reaching for it. It was so close to my fingertips. The little orange flower was teasing me. "So... close." I strained. "Oops!" My foot slipped. I cheered regardless, the flower was mine. I bounced slightly.

Akutagawa made a net to catch me in right before I hit the ground. "You really don't listen." He looked smug for being right.

"Good catch." I smirked at him. Next thing I knew, I belly flopped onto the sidewalk.

"Give me your hand, idiot."

Chuckling, I placed my hand in his and walked close to him.

"As I was trying to say before you turned into a child, I think there's a misunderstanding between us." Akutagawa began. "I was only interested in your ability in the beginning. You are probably one of the most infuriating people I have to work with. But, you're annoying in a different way. I understand that my actions haven't been adding up-"

"Want to know a secret?" I interrupted him.

He scowled at me, but nodded.

"I like you too, Aku~"

Akutagawa let out a sigh in defeat, knowing he would never find the right words leaving his lips. The silent rabid dog merely pulled me into a tight hug. Sighing happily, I gazed at the flower while hugging back. Akutagawa pulled away and looked at my neck.

"Does it still hurt?" He went to touch the stitches, but I pulled away slightly.

"Yeah, sometimes." I looked down, twirling the stem of the flower between my fingers.

He took the flower from my hand and placed it in my hair. Akutagawa was covering the lower half of his face with his hand. "Why don't I bring you back home so you can rest?"

"Or..." I trailed in a sing-song tone, "We could save a trip and I could just stay at your apartment for one more night."

"I don't care either way." He was still covering his face.

"Yes you do, but that's okay." I chuckled. I ran off, "We'll work on that later!"

"That's the wrong way, Ali!" Akutagawa called after me.

"No it's not!" I called back. "You just don't want to lose- oof!" I gasped when Rashomon wrapped around my waist. "You're cheating." I huffed.

"No, I'm helping you. At that rate it would have taken you all night to get back and who knows who might try to kidnap you in that amount of time." He let me go when I was back to being right next to him. "You're not leaving my sight. Do you know how much of a pain it is to get you back after being kidnapped?"

"If I'm such a pain, then why keep me?" I smirked to myself.

"I know you're not that dense, Aliceina."

"I have no idea what you're talking about Aku."

"Yes you do." He squeezed my hand, "You're being annoying."

"I'm only trying to understand what you could possibly trying to get at." I paused to act like I was thinking. "Oh! You think I'm a useful member of the Mafia. No... You want to study how my ability works. No! I got it. You-"

"Aliceina! For god sake, be quiet. I like you!" Akutagawa shouted at me. "That's why." He huffed.

I stood there smirking at him.

"What?!"

"What was that, Aku? I don't think the west side heard you."

He yanked me closer to him by my shirt. "I hate you." Akutagawa refused to look me in the eye.

"I think your problem is the opposite."

He glared at me, almost as if accepting a challenge. A slight smirk spread across his lips. "You must really not want to walk tomorrow." He gave my hips a small squeeze.

"Careful, if I scream too loud the neighbors might think you're killing someone." I winked.

He let out a low growl and hurried us back to his apartment.

~

"Aliceina, get up." He shook me gently.

I slapped at him, "No."

"It's time to go to work." He almost sounded amused. "Why don't you want to get up?"

"You were too rough." I groaned.

"Ali, don't be pathetic." He ruffled my hair.

"I hate you."

He kissed my temple, "I hate you, too." 

The End.  

a/n: Thank you all for reading, commenting, and for all your support! I never thought that people would like my OC... I wish I could draw her for you guys! Anyway, this is the last official chapter, the next chapter will be scenes that I never did anything with (so like deleted scenes I suppose).