2 - The mystery solved

Here is the new chapter two, enjoy :)

o0o0o0o

I was woken up by the loud noise of pots and pans crashing hard against the floor and a low 'oops' was heard from my mother. I didn't feel like waking up yet though, so I closed my eyes again but my heart was hitting close to two hundred beats per minute. Just when I was about to fall into dreamland the door to our apartment was clashed against the wall, which could only mean one thing.

"KRISTY!" My mom squeaked and now I was officially awake.

"MARIAH!" Another squeaking voice yelled.

Kristy Sampson was one of the six girls in my mother's friend-group. They were all the same dumb, excuse my language, and appearance-obsessed kind of women and once a month they got together and drank the fancy wine Catherine, another one of her friends, bought with her rich husband's money and talked about life and how good they look.

Today it was my mom's turn to host the event and every time it was her turn I was forced to stay too. These women were quite awesome in their own way and all of them had their part of raising me like, Lily was very industrious at going through my clothes and throw away what she didn't like and then taking me out shopping for new clothes she accepted. Catherine was always the one who paid everything, including the clothes Lily bought, with her husband's money. Kristy was the matchmaker and gym-addict, Jessica was the plastic surgery advisor, not that I ever listened to her and Monica was, surprisingly, the cleaver one, a.k.a. the one who knew the concept common sense.

Even though their young spirits bugged me to no limit I loved them like my second to fifth mothers, but of course no one would be able to fill the blank when the only one I've ever had and the only one there will ever be, will leave me.

There it is again, that disturbing thought. That stupid disease that is ruining my mom's chance of having a life.

I bounced up and down when Kristy plunged herself on the mattress beside me.

"Hey pretty thing, what are you doing?" She asked me grinning.

"I was sleeping." I murmured, emphasizing the word was.

"Why did you wake up?" She asked dumbfounded.

I sighed. "That is a really good question Kirsty, mom can you tell her why I am awake at 6am?" Yes I forgot to mention how early it was.

"No sweetheart did you have a nightmare or something?" Mom asked with a frown, the pots and pans she had dropped on the floor completely forgotten along with the loud noise that had followed.

"Yeah something like that." I told them.

"Do you wanna hit the gym with us? Release some stress?" Kristy asked me.

"Sure since I am already awake." I thought out loud.

"Great, honey I am so happy you are taking care of what your momma gave ya!" Mom said grinning, indicating my body. She was actually proud of me for that. Even though she is very judgmental about looks I am glad I can make her proud.

"Yeah I can see though that you haven't had a good run for a while." Kristy said winking at me giving my completely flat belly a good pat.

I got dressed in my gym clothes and grabbed my worn out shoes, mom handed me a glass of boost and we headed to Kristy's car. As I was running on the treadmill I thought about my friends, whom I hadn't seen since our graduation three weeks ago. I told myself I would call the girls tomorrow and spend some time with them before they headed out to collage.