The Vague Beginning

It was a faithful rainy Saturday afternoon. I was holding a violet umbrella on my right hand, my left hand pressing the ring bell button. I was still wondering if I was doing the right thing but I didn't think of turning back. 

I was born with a silver spoon. I used to drive my own car, wake up with my breakfast ready, use my credit card to its limit without giving a damn about everything. I graduated from college at 18. With flying colors. I knew it's too much not to be happy with my life, especially that Mom and Dad had always been supportive with my endeavors but heck, I didn't know what to do with my life.

I felt so lost. I wanted a direction to follow. I wanted to aim for something and work hard for it. I wanted to be normal.

But honestly, I didn't know how other people define normal. I didn't know how  I define it either. I just didn't know my own self. What's with being intelligent when you don't have a direction in life?

"Are you serious about this?" I remember my dad say when I told him about my plan.

I nodded and waited for his response in silence. But he didn't say anything more. We were in his mini-library, then, the room so silent.

And his silence told me that he considered my plan.

And so there I was, standing at the gate of some rich family in the Province, making an attempt to apply for a... "Nanny Position."

"Anong kailangan nila?" a uniformed maid asked while looking through the gate. She was struggling to look at me while holding a big umbrella.

"Mag...Mag-aapply po sana ako na...na...k-katulong po. Ibig kong sabihin, yaya po," I answered hesitantly. "N-nabasa ko po 'yong karatula." I tried to figure out why I was stuttering but to no avail. I decided to assume that it's because I wasn't used to speak in pure Filipino.

Or maybe because I found it awkward that I'd apply for something I'd always had.

"Hay naku naman!" she exclaimed, sounding very surprised. "Bakit hindi mo pa 'yan ipinagpabukas? Ang lakas pa ng ulan."

I tried to give an answer but decided not to do so anymore when I saw her open the gate... and a vague beginning.

-----tbc---

Trinie: Hi! This isn't written in pure English. Medyo Taglish na ewan. I'm just really trying to write again (it's been three years, peeps), and hopefully, I'm making it right.

Watty has changed a lot, anyway. Yay!