A New World

Voices above me buzzed around like bee’s in a beehives, one angelic voice rose above them all, “she is awake.”

“I cant read her mind, its like she has no thoughts,” another deeper voice exclaimed.

“Shut up, she can hear you,” a higher voice yelled, but just sounded like wind chimes.

“Get out, I can take care of her,” the angelic voice demanded.

“Alice I appreciate that you are concerned about her but you can’t always be there for her.” That is when I decided to open my eyes and the first thing that I saw was her, leaning over me with a worried look on her face.

“What happened?” I asked.

“You fainted,” she replied while touching my cheek softly. I flinched away from her touch as I remembered what she told me and what caused me to faint. A hurt look crossed over her features as she pulled away from me and stood up, she was about to turn but I grabbed her arm and pulled her down to me.

“Im not afraid,” I whispered in her ear. She seemed to relax and laid down next to me. Someone cleared their throats behind us and I froze, not knowing what to do.

“Its okay, its just Jasper,” Alice informed me. The honey blond male came into view with a tortured look on his face, I noticed that his eyes were a darker shade of gold than Alice’s. 

“Carlisle has requested if you could take Bella out of the house to eat, he said that her body needs to regain some nutrients,” he said slowly and seemed to be holding his breathe.

“Of course,” she said. “Are you hungry?”

Of course at that moment my stomach chose to growl, causing her to smile. She climbed off of the bed and stretched her small frame, and sighed.

“Your going to have to change into something, your clothes are a little umm damaged,” she said while pointedly looking at my shredded shirt. I blushed as I realized how much skin was showing and a low growl echoed across the room, Jasper’s eyes had gotten darker as he looked at my exposed skin. 

“Edward! Help,” Alice hollered as she stood in front of Jasper and tried to get him to calm down. A feral growl erupted from his chest as he pushed past her but suddenly Edward and Emmett were in front of him, holding him back. Edward was thrown into the wall and fell on his back but just as quickly he was back up on his feet and helping Emmett. 

“Alice get her out of here!” Edward ordered as Jasper lunged at me only to be pushed back by Emmett. 

Alice nodded quickly then pulled me up and jumped out of the window, “BELLA JUMP! I’LL CATCH YOU.”

I turned back to see Jasper lunge at me then I threw myself forward and fell out of the window and into cold small arms. She offered me a small smile as we rushed into a silver Volvo and left the house behind.

“What happened back there?” I asked, for once actually showing fear.

“Jasper had a different up-bringing then the rest of us. It’s harder for him to control his thirst than it is for the rest of us,” she explained. “But you don’t have to worry about it, I wont let him hurt you.”

Even with her assurance I still felt doubtful, the evil glint in his eyes as his thirst for my blood drove him insane. It was too much, I needed space.

“Bella don’t do it,” she whispered softly in a hurt voice. “I’ll explain everything to you, then you can decide what you want to do. Just don’t leave yet.”

“H-how did you know?” I asked, totally bewildered.

“I will explain soon, would it be okay if we just go to your house?” she asked.

“Umm yeah sure, Charlie will be home soon,” I replied.

She nodded, careful to keep her emotions in check and turned on my street without me telling her. After parking we got out and walked up to my door, I searched for my keys then sighed as I saw her dangling them in her fingers. 

“Thanks,” I said as I opened the door. The warm air from inside the house felt good against my skin as I pulled off my jacket and walked upstairs, Alice right behind me. My door opened as I turned the knob and Alice skipped over to the bed and sat down on it while I went into my closet and pulled out a black T-shirt. I fumbled a little with trying to get my ripped shirt off then jumped a little when cold fingers brushed against my back and pulled off my shirt. She stared at me, her eyes dark and a wanting look on her face. Eventually she got under control and turned quickly as I changed and sat down on the bed.

“So there was more that you needed to tell me?” I asked while watching her look through my room. I noticed how her fingers lightly brushed over things and how she walked so smoothly over the ground, it was breathtaking.

She turned back to me and sat down next to me, “well as you already know i’m a vampire as well as the rest of my family.”

I nodded for her to continue, “The rest of my family, aside from Jasper, were created by Carlisle. Edward was dying in a hospital and his mother begged Carlisle to do anything that he could to save him, so Carlisle turned him, then did the same to his wife Esme. Carlisle found Rosalie on the brink of death under a street lamp, he changed her too. Then later Rose found Emmett being mauled by a bear, she knew that there was something about him and carried him home where she had Carlisle change him too.”

I absorbed this then asked, “so who changed you?”

She flinched back and looked away, “i’d rather not get into that yet.” I nodded and sat there wondering what happened to Alice and who changed her when another thought struck me.

“How did you know that I needed help in the woods?” 

“Well I have this thing called a gift, some humans have gifts that they are born with and are fully available to them when they are changed. Mine just happened to allow me to see the future, thats how I saw you in trouble.”

“Does anyone else have gifts?”

At this she seemed reluctant but continued, “yes Edward can read minds, though he can’t read yours which frustrates him and Jasper can change your mood.”

“Why can’t Edward read my mind?” 

“Were not sure, you could have a gift of your own but we can’t be sure,” she said.

“Well I always thought that there was something wrong with my brain,” I replied jokingly.

She laughed, “well I just told you that my family and I are vampires and you still haven’t run off screaming so maybe there is.”

“I haven’t run off yet because I know you wont hurt me.”

“Bella I don’t know how much control I have over my thirst and I am not going to risk your life in order to test it out,” she said in a hard voice.

“Im not afraid of you, now i’m only afraid of losing you,” I said softly as I looked down.

“You won’t lose me, I cant leave you now,” she said while looking out my window.

I sighed then laid down next to her and looked up at the ceiling.