.2

Sophomore Year

Louis walks into chemistry, eyes still hazy with sleep as he greets his friends and takes his usual seat. Twenty minutes into class he's more awake and chatting with his friends after repeatedly being told not to.

"Do I have to move you boys? Because I will." Their teachers threatens and Louis mocks her making the rest of the boys laugh.

"Alright Louis, you can take a seat over by Harry." She says and Louis makes a face.

"Who's Harry?" He asks and Harry feels a little pang in his chest. He always feels so humiliated when the teacher relocates someone next to him and someone says that. It's just a painful reminder of how invisible he is.

"Harry raise your hand." The teacher says and Harry does so, not looking up from his paper as Louis dropped his bag onto the table with an annoyed huff before taking a seat.

He glances at Harry, seeing the boy already done with his worksheet and resting his eyes while the teacher went through the paper.

At least this kid was smart, maybe he could help Louis out with his grade.

Soon they're given another worksheet and Harry finishes it with lightening fast speed and rests his eyes again.

Louis is getting annoyed, he just watched this kid whiz through an entire page of work but he's still on the fourth one because he feels like he's doing it wrong.

"Hey." Louis says and looks at Harry. Harry doesn't think Louis is talking to him so he stays as is.

"Harry." Louis says and Harry's green eyes snap open, Louis' blue ones pouring into his.

"Oh I-I'm sorry I didn't know you were talking to me." Harry murmurs and blushes a bit. Louis smiles at him softly.

"It's alright. Can you help me?" Louis asks nicely and Harry nods, scooting a bit closer to Louis and his eyes skimming over the paper. Louis nervously looks between Harry and the paper, sometimes when he asked other kids for help and he did something wrong they would be kind of mean about it.

"You're doing it right. Just try not to forget that sometimes you have to put a one on top." Harry says and points to number two.

"Oh, thanks." Louis says and Harry smiles at him as Louis goes back to work. Harry rests his head back on his folded arms and closes his eyes, not awakening till the teacher reappoints everyone's attention back on the board so they could go over the worksheet.