You Can Let Go

WARNING: FEELS

Nurse: "I'm sorry, we've done all we can."

Dean: "Then do more!"

Sam: "Dean." Dean snapped at the nurse with tears in his eyes. I look over to Y/N who is next to me sobbing as Cas holds her. We've been here a few hours and all we can do is wait. 'I hate this.' I am close to crying myself. 'You'll pay for this Dick.' The nurse then turns to Y/N.

Nurse: "You can see him now."

Y/N: I nod and Cas helps me stand as we follow her to the room where my father is laying there with a bandage on his head.

Nurse: "He's holding on, but the damage was extensive."

Y/N: I move over to the bed and take his hand. "Guys, could I have a moment?" Sam looks at me and nods slowly then ushers a reluctant Dean out of the room. Cas leans down and kisses my head before leaving himself and closing the door. I look back to the man on the bed and felt the lump in my throat as well as the ache in my heart. I go over and lower the rail on his bed then climb up and lay my head on his chest to listen to his heart beating but very weak. I felt my eyes burn with tears as I did the only thing I could think of, the only thing that could always make my dad smile. I started singing.

(You Can Let Go, by: Crystal Shawanda)

"Wind blowin' on my face
Sidewalk flyin' beneath my bike
A five year-old's first taste
Of what freedom's really like
He was runnin' right beside me
His hand holdin' on the seat
I took a deep breath and hollered
As I headed for the street

You can let go now, Daddy
You can let go
Oh, I think I'm ready
To do this on my own
It's still a little bit scary
But I want you to know
I'll be ok now, Daddy
You can let go"

I thought back to all thoses years ago. Growing up without a mother, Dad was my whole world and even with the hunting Dad tried to give me the closest thing to a normal childhood he could. He taught me everything even how to ride a bike not knowing back then it would become an obsession and he would eventually teach me to ride my first Harley. I continued the song as my memories shifted to just one year ago.

"I was standin' at the altar

Between the two loves of my life
To one I've been a daughter
To one I soon would be a wife
When the preacher asked,
'Who gives this woman?'
Daddy's eyes filled up with tears
He kept holdin' tightly to my arm
'Till I whispered in his ear

You can let go now, Daddy
You can let go
Oh, I think I'm ready
To do this on my own
It still feels a little bit scary
But I want you to know
I'll be ok now, Daddy
You can let go"

I look down at the gold ring on my left hand and then to the door where I could see my husband's black curly hair as I recall the day I married my trenchcoat angel. Dad wasn't happy about us at first but Cas and I have loved each other since the apocalypse and eventually Dad agreed. It was the happiest day of my life and I can still picture the tears in my dad's eyes as he gave me away to the angel. The last verse was the hardest as my voice cracked a little and I started to shake.

"It was killin' me to see
The strongest man I ever knew
Wastin' away to nothin'
In that hospital room
'You know he's only hangin' on for you'
That's what the night nurse said
My voice and heart were breakin'
As I crawled up in his bed, and said

You can let go now, Daddy
You can let go
Your little girl is ready
To do this on my own
It's gonna be a little bit scary
But I want you to know
I'll be ok now, Daddy
You can let go
You can let go"

As I finished the last line I kissed Dad's head and his machine made one final *Beeeeeeeep*. I lost it. The boys came running in and Cas pulled me up and into his arms. I cried harder than I ever had in my life as I heard Dean calling my dad's name.

Dean: "BOBBY!!"

Hello I apologize for any damage to Feels. I was actually crying as I wrote this. Please don't hate me.